PEOPLE DEMAND POWER RESTORATION
PROTEST IN SOPORE
Sopore, Dec 1: Aghast over the constant power cuts, hundreds of people today staged a protest against Power Development Department here. The members of Beapar Mandal Sopore were also part of the demonstration.
Demanding that electricity should be restored at earliest, the protesters walked to the grid station and shouted anti-department slogans. “We get only 2-3 hours of electricity supply. The department needs to restore the supply,” said a local, Manzoor Ahmad.
“At the time of installation of meters in the town, we were promised uninterrupted power supply would be provided. However, the promise was never kept and we face a lot of problems in the absence of electricity,” he added.
The members of Beapar Mandal (a local association of traders) demanded that the supply be ensured as promised. The employees of PDD, after the protest, in the grid station locked the station and fled due to which the three-hour supply was also ceased.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 1 Dec 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 1 Dec 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 2 Dec 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Sarpanchs, Panchs can fine smokers
- HC directs Secretary SSB to appear in person
- Baramulla faces power crisis
- '223 AIDS deaths in JK from 2005'
- Rebelling against nature has landed mankind in trouble: Prof Sofi
- Functions held
- CHILD LABOUR ON RISE IN VALLEY
- Police bust gang of vehicle lifters
- KU to establish consortium to study glaciers: Prof Talat
- 1 killed, 5 hurt in mishaps
- JKP distributes books among students
- PDD daily wagers to go on indefinite strike from Dec 7
- JKLF condemns detention of children
- PEOPLE DEMAND POWER RESTORATION
- Plans to establish schools up to 10+2: GOC Victor Force
- Cong only can address people’s problems: Usman
- ‘Unscrupulous medical shopkeepers booked’
- ‘Implement JK Persons with Disabilities Act 1998 in letter and spirit’
- Shortage of potable water in Pulwama villages
- Wurpash Manigam resent power tariff hike
- Embezzlement of funds detected in SDH Sopore
- Mir castigates HR organizations
- Teachers’ Forum accords send-off to Bhat
Part Of Empowerment Package: Sagar
Srinagar, Dec 1: Under pressure from various quarters to empower Panchayats in Jammu and Kashmir, government on Thursday said that newly elected Panchs and Sarpanchs have been empowered to impose fine More
- Srinagar City
Residents awaken SMC, make civic body issue public notice for check on newly constructed building usage
GK CITY CORRESPONDENT
Srinagar, Dec 1: Something what is popular as Halla Bol, elsewhere in India, has worked in this summer Capital at-least in a bid to prevent further commercialization of residential colony: Karan Nagar More