Police bust gang of vehicle lifters
Recover 121 Stolen Vehicles
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Dec 1: Police on Thursday claimed that it busted a gang of car and motorcycle lifters by arresting 15 persons and recovering 121 vehicles worth above 2.5 crore.
Addressing a news conference here Senior Superintendent of Police Srinagar Syed Ashiq Hussain Bukhari announced that the gang was divided into eight zones in the city.
“We had framed five special squads headed by SPs to track down the gang of car and motorcycle lifters from the city. Nearly 51 four-wheelers and 63 motorcycles have been recovered from the group,” he said.
Four kingpins, Bukhari claimed have been arrested while three others are still absconding.
He identified the accused as Bashir Ahmad Sheikh of Pulwama, Shabir Ahmad Mir of Dardpora, Kupwara, Abdul Rashid of Dobgah Sopore, Abdul Rashid of Arihal, Pulwama and Showkat Ahmad Shah of Kupwara.
“Three absconding car lifters including Waseem Ahmad Sheikh of Dubgah,
Sopore, Mehraj Din Parray of Sumbal and Idrees Ahmad Mir of Litter
Pulwama are still at run,” Bukhari said.
He said that reward will be given to person for providing information regarding the absconding persons.
“Six Maruti Vans, 15 Maruti Cars, Seven Alto Cars, Eight Tata Sumos, Esteem Car, Tata LRT, Three Tata Mobiles, Two Auto rickshaws, Tavera, Ascent Car, Santro Car, Bolero, Gypsy, Tempo Traveller, Trucks and 63 Motorcycles, worth Rs 2,66,00,000 were recovered from the gang,” he said.
Besides vehicles, SSP Srinagar said mobile phones, grocery items and gold worth Rs 3 lakhs was also recovered.
“Police station Kralkhud has been able to solve all the cases with regard to burglary and vehicle theft and has been recovered the stolen property fully. Hazratbal zone has been able to recover six four wheelers which includes an Ascent, Santro, Maruti Car, Alto and Bolero and six Motorcycles worth Rs. 40,00,000,” he added.
The city south Zone, he said has solved 13 cases and has recovered 11 vehicles which includes three Tata Sumo, four Maruti cars, Gypsy, Tata Mobile, Trucks, Motorcycles and golden ornaments worth Rs. 75,50,000.
“West zone, Srinagar has solved five cases and has made recovery worth Rs. 51,00,000,” SSP said.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 1 Dec 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 1 Dec 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 2 Dec 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Sarpanchs, Panchs can fine smokers
- HC directs Secretary SSB to appear in person
- Baramulla faces power crisis
- '223 AIDS deaths in JK from 2005'
- Rebelling against nature has landed mankind in trouble: Prof Sofi
- Functions held
- CHILD LABOUR ON RISE IN VALLEY
- Police bust gang of vehicle lifters
- KU to establish consortium to study glaciers: Prof Talat
- 1 killed, 5 hurt in mishaps
- JKP distributes books among students
- PDD daily wagers to go on indefinite strike from Dec 7
- JKLF condemns detention of children
- PEOPLE DEMAND POWER RESTORATION
- Plans to establish schools up to 10+2: GOC Victor Force
- Cong only can address people’s problems: Usman
- ‘Unscrupulous medical shopkeepers booked’
- ‘Implement JK Persons with Disabilities Act 1998 in letter and spirit’
- Shortage of potable water in Pulwama villages
- Wurpash Manigam resent power tariff hike
- Embezzlement of funds detected in SDH Sopore
- Mir castigates HR organizations
- Teachers’ Forum accords send-off to Bhat
Part Of Empowerment Package: Sagar
Srinagar, Dec 1: Under pressure from various quarters to empower Panchayats in Jammu and Kashmir, government on Thursday said that newly elected Panchs and Sarpanchs have been empowered to impose fine More
- Srinagar City
Residents awaken SMC, make civic body issue public notice for check on newly constructed building usage
GK CITY CORRESPONDENT
Srinagar, Dec 1: Something what is popular as Halla Bol, elsewhere in India, has worked in this summer Capital at-least in a bid to prevent further commercialization of residential colony: Karan Nagar More