HG, CD celebrates Raising Day
Srinagar, Dec 6: The 49thAnnual Raising Day of Home guards and Civil Defence was celebrated today at Auxiliary Police Headquarters, Barzulla, and Srinagar. Mubarik Ahmed, Deputy Inspector General Police, Home Guards, Civil Defence and Auxiliary Police, Kashmir took salute at the Raising Day Parade.
Speaking on the occasion, the Deputy Inspector General lauded the role of Home guards/Civil Defence Wardens, Volunteer while conducting rescue operations during disaster due to natural calamities or manmade. He also read out the messages of Governor, N.N Vohra, Chief Minister, Mr Omar Abdullah, and Minister of State for Home, Mr Nassir Aslam Wani and other dignitaries.
Civil Defence demonstrations about Disaster Management were also exhibited by the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) personnel/Civil Defence wardens during the Raising Day function.
Various senior officers, prominent citizens and Civil Defence wardens and representatives from different departments of Kashmir province were present on the occasion.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 6 Dec 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 6 Dec 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 7 Dec 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Govt devises scheme to get encroached land evicted
- HDC, HI organize functions in Ganderbal, Kupwara
- Dr Farooq’s remarks evoke sharp criticism
- Kangan residents stage protest
- Punish those involved in Babri Masjid demolition: Nayeem
- HG, CD celebrates Raising Day
- SWD starts census of disabled persons
- PDP dividing people for power: NC
- Er Rasheed leads protest against Army at Handwara
- Municipal elections in March 2012
- Malik arriving today after performing Hajj
- Mainstream politicians pursue double standards: Mirwaiz
- Day temperature improves in Valley
D A RASHID
Srinagar, Dec 6: In a significant decision, the state government has devised a scheme for eviction of encroached common land in keeping with the Supreme Court direction to do away with illegal occupations More
- Srinagar City
Extends Scientific Support To LAWDA For Lake’s Restoration
ARIF SHAFI WANI
Srinagar, Dec 6: A high-level team of Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) made an on-the-spot assessment of conservation works in the Dal Lake here and will soon recommend measures for speedy and sustained More
BOSE Mulls Mass Disaffiliation
Jammu, Dec 6: With every attempt to streamline the functioning of Elementary Teachers Training (ETT) institutes across the state falling apart, the Government has asked the Board of School Education (BOSE More
- South Asia
Kabul, Dec 6: Twin blasts at Afghan shrines on Tuesday left at least 58 people dead today, with one massive suicide attack in Kabul ripping through a crowd of worshippers including children. The attack More