Participate in Panchayat polls: Usman to people
Bandipora, Feb 15: Congress leader, Usman Majeed today asked the people to participate in the forthcoming Panchayati elections for decentralization of powers and empowerment of people at grassroots.
Addressing a youth convention here in north Kashmir he said the inhabitants of Bandipora were facing immense hardships due to lack of basic amenities.
“Despite getting the district status, Bandipora is still lagging behind in development as the peoples representatives have failed to deliver,” he said.
He alleged that the people of the district were being discriminated. “The area receives meager amount for the development when compared to other districts,” he said.
Usman hoped that the construction of Kishen Ganga Hydroelectric Project would generate employment in the area.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 15 Feb 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 16 Feb 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Demilitarize civilian areas: PDP
- Malik, Shah visit Maloora
- Govt gets 2 weeks to file objections
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi (SAW) being celebrated today
- Serve society in best possible way: Officers to KAS selectees
- Participate in Panchayat polls: Usman to people
- NC demands apology from Mehbooba
- Court issues bailable warrant against Mehbooba Mufti
- KREERI OBSERVES SHUTDOWN AGAINST ARREST OF YOUTH
- Settle land acquisition cases immediately: Div Com to DCs
- Peoples League holds seminar
- EJAC (Q) concerned at PDD daily-wagers’ accidental deaths
Srinagar, Feb 15: Opposition People's Democratic Party today said tragedies like the Maloora blast in which three siblings were killed underlined the need to demilitarize civilian areas. Such incidents More
- Srinagar City
Encroachments mar river’s Qamarwari banks
ARIF SHAFI WANI
Srinagar, Feb 15: While Government has launched a massive drive to restore glory of the river Jhelum, some unscrupulous persons including non-locals have encroached upon a major chunk of the water body More
GK NEWS NETWORK
JAMMU: State cabinet on Tuesday cleared the contents of the address to be delivered by the Governor NN Vohra during the joint session of the state legislature on the first day of annual budget session More
- News in Brief
PULWAMA : Mother of the local journalist Ayub Javed passed away Tuesday morning after a brief spell of illness. The deceased was laid to rest at her ancestral graveyard in Pulwama. Her Chaharum More
Unemployed youth to get licenses
Jammu, Feb 15: The government has decided to shift to the earlier system of kerosene-oil distribution through licensed private depots, sources said. They said the unemployed youth will soon be allotted More