Geelani offers condolence to Shahid
Srinagar: Hurriyat (G) chairman, Syed Ali Shah Geelani Tuesday offered condolence to Hurriyat (M) leader Shahid-ul-Islam over phone, over the death of his sister.
Geelani who has been put under house arrest rang up Shahid and expressed sympathies with the bereaved.
Meanwhile, Agriculture Minister, Ghulam Hassan Mir and MLA Khan Sahab, Hakim Muhammad Yasin also visited Shahid’s residence to express their condolences with the bereaved.
Hurriyat (M) chairman, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq again visited Shahid-ul-Islam’s residence on Tuesday.
Rubeena Shah, sister of Advocate Shahid -ul -Islam passed away after a brief illness at SMHS Hospital. She was 28.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 12 Jul 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 13 Jul 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- 61 percent water received by North Kashmir hospitals contaminated: Study
- 2 drown in Sopore, Leh
- Man held for ‘killing’ wife
- Flood Management project for Pohru nallah on anvil: Javed
- SKUAST shelves faculty shifting move
- Geelani offers condolence to Shahid
- Speaker directs suspension of medico
- No jail can imprison an idea: Mufti
- Governor reviews yatra arrangements
- Former militants meet Vohra
- 3 MORE AMARNATH PILGRIMS DIE;TOLL RISES TO 41
- High Court stays communications demanding resubmission of NOCs
- Omar for concrete deliverables to upgrade health sector
- 2 narcotic smugglers arrested
D A RASHID
Srinagar, July 12: About 61 percent of drinking water in the hospitals of North Kashmir supplied by the Public Health Engineering department is unsafe for drinking, reveals a study conducted by Integrated More
- Srinagar City
DOEACC Rangreth to train 5000 aspirants in CCC
GK CITY REPORTER
Srinagar, July 12: Taking cue from the central government’s suggestions on making the government employees/officials IT literate, the state has started the Course of Computer Concepts (CCC) at DOEACC Rangreth More
INTERLOCUTORS' 2ND RTC CONCLUDES
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, July 12: The second round table (RTC) Conference organised by the New Delhi appointed Interlocutors on Kashmir Tuesday ended on a high note with the participants stressing on “boosting and promoting More
Srinagar: Governor, N N Vohra, on Monday evening offered condolence to Kashmir University, Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Talat Ahmad, at Kolkatta over phone. Prof Talat’s father passed away few days back.  More
Srinagar, July 12: The two-day district Bandipora Wu-Shu championship concluded at SK stadium Bandipora on Monday. In the event around 300 participants from different schools and clubs of the More