Man held for ‘killing’ wife
Srinagar, July 12: Police in Sopore has claimed to have solved the alleged murder case of a woman by arresting her husband.
Giving details about the case, Superintendent of Police Sopore, Altaf Ahmad Khan said the alleged murder of Safiya Bano was solved by arresting her husband Jahangir Ahmad Sheikh son of Ghulam Ahmad of Tulibal.
Altaf Khan also said that in the drive against timber smuggling, police arrested two smugglers, Muhammad Ashraf Ganaie son of Ghulam Ahmad Ganaie and Muhammad Maqbool Dar son of Abdul Ganai Dar of Dangerpora Sopore.
“Huge quantity of illicit timber of Deodar, Kail etc. was recovered from their go-downs,” Khan said adding a case had been registered.
Superintendent of Police said police also arrested ‘illegal’ K-oil smugglers, Aijaz Ahmad Kanwaloo son of Ghulam Muhammad Kanwaloo of Shangergund Sopore and recovered 200 liters K-oil from his possession.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 12 Jul 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 13 Jul 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- 61 percent water received by North Kashmir hospitals contaminated: Study
- 2 drown in Sopore, Leh
- Man held for ‘killing’ wife
- Flood Management project for Pohru nallah on anvil: Javed
- SKUAST shelves faculty shifting move
- Geelani offers condolence to Shahid
- Speaker directs suspension of medico
- No jail can imprison an idea: Mufti
- Governor reviews yatra arrangements
- Former militants meet Vohra
- 3 MORE AMARNATH PILGRIMS DIE;TOLL RISES TO 41
- High Court stays communications demanding resubmission of NOCs
- Omar for concrete deliverables to upgrade health sector
- 2 narcotic smugglers arrested
D A RASHID
Srinagar, July 12: About 61 percent of drinking water in the hospitals of North Kashmir supplied by the Public Health Engineering department is unsafe for drinking, reveals a study conducted by Integrated More
- Srinagar City
DOEACC Rangreth to train 5000 aspirants in CCC
GK CITY REPORTER
Srinagar, July 12: Taking cue from the central government’s suggestions on making the government employees/officials IT literate, the state has started the Course of Computer Concepts (CCC) at DOEACC Rangreth More
INTERLOCUTORS' 2ND RTC CONCLUDES
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, July 12: The second round table (RTC) Conference organised by the New Delhi appointed Interlocutors on Kashmir Tuesday ended on a high note with the participants stressing on “boosting and promoting More
Srinagar: Governor, N N Vohra, on Monday evening offered condolence to Kashmir University, Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Talat Ahmad, at Kolkatta over phone. Prof Talat’s father passed away few days back.  More
Srinagar, July 12: The two-day district Bandipora Wu-Shu championship concluded at SK stadium Bandipora on Monday. In the event around 300 participants from different schools and clubs of the More