Iqbal day celebrated in Ganderbal
Ganderbal, July 17: Iqbal Day was celebrated at Qamaria Model Higher Secondary Educational Institute Saloora here on Saturday.
Students representing various educational institutions of the district participated in the event held in collaboration with Iqbal Institute, University of Kashmir.
Member Legislative Council and Model Higher Secondary School chairman, Sheikh Ghulam Rasool and Kashmir University Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Talat Ahmad were the chief guests on the occasion.
Sheikh Ghulam Rasool said the message given by Shair-e-Mashriq was a panacea for the various conflicts prevailing in the contemporary times.
A debate on “Iqbal Ka Tasavur-i-Insaniyat” was also organized on the occasion in which Syed Zubair of J&K Sainik School Manasbal, Syed Ahsan-ul-Haq of Qamaria Institute Ganderbal and Fahmeeda Rashid of Government Girls Higher Secondary School Nunner bagged the first, second and third positions respectively.
Islamic University of Science and Technology Awantipora, Vice-Chancellor Prof. A R Trag, Director Information, Farooq Renzushah, Director Iqbal Institute, Prof Bashir Ahmad Nahvi and District Development Commissioner, Ganderbal Showkat Ahmad Mir were also present.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 17 Jul 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 17 Jul 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 18 Jul 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Report indicts former Health Deptt officials for wrongdoings
- SASB asks pilgrims to ascertain weather conditions
- Iqbal day celebrated in Ganderbal
- KAS, IAS aspirants appeal KU
- Police seize expired biscuits, confectionary worth Rs 20 lakh
- Project our concerns in final report: JK Gujjars to interlocutors
- NC government roadblock to dialogue: Mufti
- Indo-Pak dialogue will gain momentum: Soz
- Court defers cross examination of witness
- Court issues fresh summons to Shah, Malik, Bakshi
- Jora inaugurates 4-day children film festival
- Seminar held at Ganderbal
- Governor for revival of reading habit, promotion of Urdu
- 3 yrs on, Kudara-Bandipora road still incomplete
- Army mela organized in Leh
- Senior official humiliates urologist in Handwara hospital
- KAS probationers visit Kargil
- IIPA, KU debate on Kashmiri language concludes
Srinagar, July 17: The government appointed special audit team has noted several discrepancies, including financial loss to exchequer at Medical Block Beerwah in central Kashmir’s Budgam district.   More
- Srinagar City
Given 10 days to complete 200 metre drain, work incomplete even after 20 days
SYED IMRAN ALI HAMDANI
Srinagar, July 17: There is no end to Economic Reconstruction Agency (ERA)’s slow paced work on drainage construction in the south City taking the entire stretch along the highway “hostage”. In the More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, July 17: The revenue boundaries of 22 districts in Jammu and Kashmir are likely to be re-demarcated to carve out 57 new tehsils. Sources told Greater Kashmir the Committee constituted to examine More
INDO ASIAN NEWS SERVICE
Siliguri, July 17: The hills of Darjeeling are set to see a historic tripartite pact Monday between the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM), the West Bengal government and New Delhi. But the Left Front is against More
- South Asia
Kabul, July 17: The process of handing control from foreign to Afghan security forces began in Afghanistan today, a spokesman for the interior ministry said. A ceremony was held at the police headquarters More
15 upcoming fruit mandis to have internet connectivity
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, July 17: As a part of a massive plan to grab the national and international horticulture markets, 15 upcoming modern fruit and vegetable mandis in Jammu and Kashmir would be linked with internet More
Istanbul, July 17: In what can rightly be described as a seminal step in relations between the Muslim world and the Western world, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and the leading nations of the More