RK observes 63rd foundation day
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, July 1: Radio Kashmir (RK) on Friday celebrated its 63rd Foundation Day.
Scores of artists and prominent personalities attended the program. Singers and drama artists enthralled the audience in a jam packed hall.
The Finance Minister of Jammu and Kashmir, who was the chief guest on the occasion, appreciated Radio Kashmir for highlighting the issues which touch the common man.
While addressing the gathering he said, “Radio Kashmir played a lead role to preserve our culture and ethos. It has been providing help to people during trouble times in last 20 years.”
He also congratulated the staff for being the frontrunner in preserving and promoting the folk and Sufiana music, and for encouraging fresh talent.
On the occasion Director Radio Kashmir Srinagar Javid Iqbal assured that the station would continue its good work in years to come.
“The talent produced by our station is hard to find at any other place,” Iqbal said and added, “The staff of the station have stood the vagaries of conflict situation and delivered in most stressful times.”
Lastupdate on : Fri, 1 Jul 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 1 Jul 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 2 Jul 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Lull, tourist rush no normalcy: Yasin Malik
- RK observes 63rd foundation day
- Hurriyat (M) reacts to PM’s statement
- DAY 2 :SOPORE SHUTS
- Self Rule based on pragmatism, contemporary realities: Mehbooba Mufti
- Probe militant’s killing: MLA
- 'Evolve mechanism to assess utilization of SSA, RMSA funds'
- Timber smuggling rampant in Bandipora; officials indifferent
- Kashmiri youth have role in dev of society: Lt Gen Hasnain
- Sahai for people friendly policing
- Academic arrangement lecturers' strike enters 5th day
- Girl dies, 3 hurt in mishap
- G H Mir inaugurates receiving station
- Mufti visits Amanullah’s home, conveys condolence
- ‘Aasiya’s shifting to Jammu jail violation of Court orders’
- Body of missing youth fished out from Lidder
- Court issues show cause notice to SIT head
- 70,000 pilgrims offer prayers at Amarnath cave
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, July 1: The Chairman of Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) Muhammad Yasin Malik on Saturday said Kashmir issue could not be pushed to backburner as a result of prevailing lull and tourist More
- Srinagar City
PATIENTS, ATTENDANTS SUFFER IN GRIDLOCKS TO REACH HOSPITAL
ARSHAD M BHAT
Srinagar, July 1: The tertiary care SK Institute of Medical Sciences, Soura main entrance and its adjacent area presently looks like a busy bus terminal with scores of passenger buses queuing up along More
Panchayats Basic Pillars Of Democracy: Omar Abdullah
Billawar (Kathua), July 1: Asserting that power necessarily brings responsibilities with it, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Friday asked the newly elected Panchayat members to make public service the standard More
Baramulla: The staff of degree college Baramulla accorded farewell to M B Singh, physical director of the college, who attained age of superannuation on June 30. In a statement, the College said, More
Vacate CRPF from Valley’s only watch factory: Industrialists to Govt
Srinagar, July 1: Rubbishing the claims of Centre as well as the state government on support to unit holders in Kashmir to revive sick as well as functional industries, Valley industrialists are now demanding More
Vienna (Austria) July 1: Executive Director of Kashmiri American Council (KAC), Dr Ghulam Nabi Fai, on Friday said that it was the responsibility of the Non Resident Kashmiris (NRKs) to educate the More