Aussie tourist found dead
Srinagar, July 21: Police has recovered body of an Australian tourist at Potosa Photola in Leh.
According to police spokesman, the deceased has been identified as Brian Anthony Barnett, (Passport No. M-9355805 and Visa No. AP-2561922). Police said a probe had been initiated into the death and case registered.
11 INJURED IN ROAD MISHAPS
Eleven persons were injured in separate road accidents across the Valley.
Four persons were wounded when a car (JK01P-1292) collided with another car (JK04-9986) at Naik Pora Padshahi Bagh, here, police added.
A motorcycle (JK01-4010) collided with a scooter (JK01-2240) at Maloora Sumbal injuring the scooterist, Yasir Hamid son of Abdul Hamid of SDA Colony Bemina here, police said adding the wounded had been hospitalized and a case registered.
A Sumo (JK01E-8889) hit and injured a traffic policeman Ghulam Mohi-ud-Din (No. 270/SG) son of Noor Din Khan of Dewar Lolab Kupwara at Kulangam Chowk Handwara, police said adding the wounded had been hospitalized and a case registered.
A motorcycle (JK09-6105) hit and injured a pedestrian, Ghulam Mohi-ud-Din Bhat son of Abdul Aziz of Shalpora Langate at Main Bazar Langate, police said adding the wounded had been shifted to hospital.
A vehicle (JK09-1226) hit and injured a boy, Talib Hussain War son of Ghulam Muhammad of Hardona at Hardona Handwara, police said adding the wounded had been shifted to hospital.
A truck (JK13-8665) hit and injured a pedestrian, Sajad Ahmad Dar son of Ghulam Ahmad Dar of Alamgari Bazar, Srinagar at Kharmode Awantipora, police said adding the wounded was shifted to Primary Health Centre Awantipora where from he was referred to Bone and Joint hospital Barzulla here.
A bus (JKE-4805) met with an accident at Batkote, Pahalgam resulting in injuries to two passengers, police said adding both the injured were hospitalized.
MAN ATTEMPTS SUICIDE
A man attempted to end his life by allegedly consuming some poisonous substance at his home at Chooru Pattan in Baramulla district.
According to the police, the man has been identified as Abdul Hamid son of Ghulam Muhammad Sheikh. Abdul Hamid has been shifted to Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Soura for treatment. Police has registered a case.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 21 Jul 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 21 Jul 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 22 Jul 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Mir for economic empowerment of youth
- Cop dies after service rifle fires accidentally
- Haji Ali Kargili passes away
- RTI Act revolutionary step: CIC
- Aussie tourist found dead
- Peoplesí sacrifices alone highlighted K-issue: JKLF (R)
- Tarigami slams government
- J&K PWA to organize conferences
- JKEEU pen down strike on July 25
- Freedom movements need resources, money: Mirwaiz Umar Farooq
- Rehmani, Nayeem concerned
- State lacks authority to put frequent restrictions on peopleís movement: HC
- Finally, Tehzeeb Mahal gets a slot
- Cabinet approves replacing secret ballot with open ballot for LC polls
- 'Accountability, mandatory for discipline'
- Contractual lecturers strike enters 4th day
- Politics mars historic Islamia College
- ASHRAF SEHRAIíS DETENTION
- NBT to organize workshops on creative writing
- Geelani calls for shutdown on Saturday
- CM chairs SKIMS governing body meet
- Investigators trace owner of vehicle used in Sopore blast
- NAAC team calls on Governor
- Mega NRHM workshop held in Budgam
GK NEWS NETWORK
Pattan July 21: Minister for Agriculture, Ghulam Hassan Mir today said the main focus of political endeavor should see the youth of J&K economically independent, politically empowered and socially More
- Srinagar City
Locals fear land mafia involvement, heritage lovers aghast, admin sleeps
Srinagar, July 21: At a time when the government claims to start heritage conservation on and around the Kohe-e-Mahan hill in the City, alleged encroachers have started "excavation" of the hillock which More
Jammu: Terming the policy of resettlement of militants based in Pakistan administered Kashmir (PaK) as Ďdangerí to the security of state, Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) today decided More
- South Asia
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Islamabad, July 21: Pakistan has developed and inducted its first squadron of indigenously made Naval unmanned spy planes to be used for maritime interdiction operations in coastal areas. The UAVs More
Traders, entrepreneurs oppose power tariff hike proposal
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, July 21: The trade and industry bodies of J&K today strongly opposed the power tariff hike proposed by the government. At a joint press conference in Jammu, the representatives of traders More
Turabi endorses Geelaniís July 23 strike call
NISAR AHMED THOKAR
Islamabad, July 21: The outgoing prime minister of Pakistan Administered Kashmir and Muslim Conference president, Sardar Attique Ahmed Khan has voiced serious concern over the detention of Washington based More