Thief caught red handed in Kunzar
Tangmarg, July 2: Villagers of Kunzar-Chanpora here caught a thief stealing appliances from a mosque last night.
The locals said after hearing noisy sound of megaphones from the mosque at 12 a m, some youth rushed to the spot. “Suddenly a person jumped from the mosque’s window and tried to run away. However he was caught by the youth,” the locals said.
Soon the villagers assembled outside the mosque and informed the police. Later cops from Police Station Kunzar reached the spot and arrested the thief.
The locals identified the accused as Irshaad Ahmad Lone of Checthan-Chanpora Tangmarg. His identity card and mobile phone was handed over to police.
“The accused intended to steal costly appliances like public address system, battery and fans from the mosque .But he inadvertently switched on the mosque’s public address system alarming the locals,” the locals said.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 22 Jul 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 22 Jul 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 23 Jul 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Revoke controversial laws from JK: SAD (A)
- Opinion of handwriting expert is only corroborative evidence: Court
- Expose political corruption: Er Rasheed
- VALLEY ENRAGED OVER WOMAN’S ABDUCTION, GANG RAPE
- Sri Sri to head Sub-Committee on Yatra duration
- Scribe arrested for extortion: Police
- Info deptt has begun digitization of Kashmir’s classical, historical books: Renzu
- 2 DIE IN SRINAGAR, LEH
- ‘Bi one,’ Naat cassette released
- Expedite profiling of biodata for HR management: CS
- Chib announces new specialised PG programmes in GDC
- JKLF (R) decries Mir’s house arrest
- Ex chief conservator forest passes away
- Maliknar sans basic amenities, people suffer
- Thief caught red handed in Kunzar
‘Separatists true representatives of Kashmiris’
Srinagar, July 22: President of Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) and former Member of Parliament Simranjit Singh Maan on Friday demanded immediate revocation of Armed Forces Special Powers Act and other More
- Srinagar City
TRAFFIC JAMS LAST TILL MIDNIGHT; LOCALS, TOURIST AGHAST
GK CITY REPORTER
Srinagar, July 22: Come evenings, the paramilitary CRPF often blocks the Munawarbad Road, a key to link to Shahr-e-Khaas thereby causing huge gridlocks on the busy track. The complainants said the More
Jammu, July 22: Hundreds of students gathered here Friday to demand that a Central University, sanctioned more than two years ago, be set up in Jammu. The students tried to take out a More
- South Asia
REZAUL H LASKAR/PTI
Islamabad, July 22: The Pakistani government has lodged a protest with the US over the arrest of Kashmiri separatist Ghulam Nabi Fai and accused Washington of running a "slander campaign" against Islamabad More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, July 22: Speakers at a seminar said there was a dire need to change curricula to produce human resource with technical, managerial and administrative skills needed by industry, trade and business More
LALIT K JHA/PTI
Washington, July 22: The detention hearing of Dr Ghulam Nabi Fai, arrested by FBI for illegally lobbying for Pakistan in the US, was postponed for next Tuesday as his attorney had scheduling conflicts More