APMCC protest absence of KPs in Amarnath panel
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Srinagar, July 24: A Kashmiri Pandit body today flayed the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) for not including any member from the community in the sub-committee constituted for fixing the duration of the annual yatra from next year.
"It is a deliberate conspiracy to keep Kashmiri Pandits out of the Amarnath yatra management that no one from the community has been included in the sub-committee," All Parties Migrant Coordination Committee (APMCC) chairman Vinod Pandit told PTI.
The SASB on Friday constituted a sub-committee headed by Art of Living founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar to decide the duration of the annual pilgrimage to the cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
Pandit said while the governments at the Centre and in the state were talking about bringing back the migrants to Kashmir, the community was being sidelined from the important pilgrimage in the Valley.
"While we are not against anyone who has been named in the sub-committee, it should have a Kashmiri Pandit representative as a member as there are number of scholars and intellectuals who have a better understanding of Amarnath Yatra and its history," he added.
He demanded that the sub-committee be reconstituted immediately to give representation to the community.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 24 Jul 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 25 Jul 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- GMC employee booked, suspended for leading rally against corruption
- In 21st century, B'pora villagersí use torch for illumination
- Dialogue only way to resolve JK issue: Vakil
- Majlis Hussaini (AS) observed
- Traffic mismanagement in Baramulla town irks commuters
- Admn shuts 3 unauthorized stone crushers
- Archives deptt yet to take custody
- APMCC protest absence of KPs in Amarnath panel
- Electrical employees' strike today
- SIC summons PIO KU, SKIMS
- Sogamiís 30th death anniversary observed
- Army responds to Hurriyat(G)ís statement
- (CPIM )demands probe
- Dr Faiís arrest a conspiracy: UJC
- Qazi Yasir booked under PSA again
- People have to play a bigger role to revive Jehlum, Dal Lake: Soz
- Women parliamentary delegation denied permission to visit Kulgam
- Trg prog on alternative dispute resolution mechanism concludes
- Army holds medical,veterinary camp
- Hospital for Gadwal soon: Peerzada
9 months on, Police fail to produce challan
Srinagar, July 24: An employee of the Government Medical College (GMC) Srinagar had to pay dearly for leading a rally against corruption. He was arrested and then suspended.The warden of the Girls Hostel More
- Srinagar City
AUTHORITIES IN BLAME GAME; AAM AADMI IN TROUBLE
Srinagar, July 24: Want to know how concerned the government is towards the transport facility available to Aam Aadmi in the summer Capital? Sample this: Even though thousands of people travel through More
Thatri (Doda), July 24: Union Minister and National Conference patron Dr Farooq Abdullah on Sunday said nobody would be allowed to create hurdles in smooth functioning of Omar Abdullah led government.ď More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Fatehgarh Sahib, July 24: Dal Khalsa, a political outfit outlawed in Punjab during the militancy period, today lashed out at the Jammu and Kashmir administration saying its order asking SAD (Amritsar) More
Beijing, July 24: As many as 72 multi-millionaires in China have either died since 2003 of unnatural causes or have died young, a media report said Sunday. They all had personal assets exceeding 100 million More