GoI playing with Asiya’s life: DeM
Srinagar, July 27: The acting chairperson of Dukhtaran-e-Milat Riff’at Fatima has expressed serious concern over the deteriorating health of party’s incarcerated chief Asiya Andrabi, alleging that the Government of India was playing with her life.
Asiya is currently undergoing treatment at SKIMS, Soura, here.
“Due to denial of proper medical aid in jail for the past one year, Asiya suffered acute degeneration of joints. The pain in her joints grew so severe that she could not move her limbs and got dependent on others for every routine work,” said Rifa’at in a statement on Wednesday, adding that the agencies were sparing no efforts to prolong her detention.
“The public prosecutor is making a deliberate delay in filing the objections to petition regarding the quashing of her (Asiya’s) detention under PSA for the third consecutive time. This is all done to prolong her detention,” alleged Riffa’at.
Riffa’at has termed the continued detention of Asiya’s husband, Dr Muhammad Qasim, as a “political reprisal” by the government.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 27 Jul 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 27 Jul 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 28 Jul 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Healthy, educated JK my endeavor: Omar
- Maintain cleanliness along pilgrimage routes: Vohra
- GoI playing with Asiya’s life: DeM
- Teens held for ‘stone pelting’
- ‘Senior citizens can play role in reviving past glory’
- DDB Baramulla approves Rs 106.51 cr plan
- Govt not distributing due share to districts: Baigh
- Pursue science studies with devotion: Ruhullah
- Dr Khuroo hailed for discovering Hepatitis E
- Girl among 3 killed, 33 hurt in road mishaps
- Hashim concerned at Dr Ashraf’s falling health
- Rationalize staff in hospitals: EC
- Fake Pir booked for rape
- KAC non- profit organization: Spokesman
- Restrictions lifted from Manzgam
- APQN benchmark for quality education in colleges
- Sarpanch locks school building
Srinagar, July 27: Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said that during the first two years of his tenure the attention was paid to provide necessary paraphernalia to the hospitals, schools, colleges More
- Srinagar City
GK CITY REPORTER
Srinagar, July 27: A majestic green Chinar was chopped down in broad daylight at Bone and Joints Hospital in the City drawing flak from various quarters who have sought a probe into the “killing of heritage More
Professionals Find Govt Jobs Lackluster
Jammu, July 27: The much hyped E-governance project to create paperless offices in Jammu and Kashmir is still a distant dream as the computer professionals in the state are not showing much interest in More
- South Asia
Islamabad: For the first time, Pakistan's foreign office has an all-women team at the helm, including its first female foreign minister Hina Rabbani Khar who completes a powerful quartet. Filling More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Bangalore, July 27: Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa's survival hung in suspense tonight after the state Lokayukta strongly indicted him over payment of about Rs 30 crore kickbacks by a mining More
Expels Qaddafi envoys
London, July 27: Britain has officially recognized Libya’s main opposition group as the country’s legitimate government, and on Wednesday expelled all diplomats from Muammar Qaddafi’s regime.Foreign Secretary More