18 injured in road mishaps
Srinagar: At least 18 persons were injured in different road accidents in Kashmir on Saturday.
Police said a passenger Bus (JK02A-3867) and a Truck (JK05A-3951) collided near Lower-Monda Qazigund, resulting in injuries to 10 passengers. They were hospitalized. A Tata Sumo (JK05-7521) hit and injured a boy identified as Waseem Raja son of Ghulam Muhammad of Sodipora near Beerwah Bridge Budgam. He was hospitalized.
In another incident, a Tata Sumo (HR55C-7533) turned turtle near Nipora Qazigund, resulting in injuries to six tourists traveling in the vehicle. All the injured were hospitalized.
A LPG filled Tanker (JK02L-9645) turned turtle near Gadribal Sumbal Gund, Kangan resulting in injuries to its driver Surinder Singh son of Moti Singh of Jawahar Nagar, Srinagar. The injured was hospitalized. Police has registered cases in all the incidents and taken up investigation.
Lastupdate on : Sat, 2 Jul 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sat, 2 Jul 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sun, 3 Jul 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- WOEFUL TALE OF AN ORPHAN
- Omar to invite PM for JK Panchayat Sabha
- Where is Greater Baramulla?
- Kangan residents hail Mian Altaf
- Govt responsible for mess in school education: Senior Citizens
- Formulate area specific development plans: Speaker
- 18 injured in road mishaps
- P N Bazaz’s death anniversary on July 5
- KU to start Urdu PG courses in its satellite campuses
- Kashmir not a territorial dispute: Zaffar
- Security situation satisfactory: DGP
- Narrow escape for yatris due to landslides
- Tarigami takes on Govt ‘All commissions defunct’
- ‘Panchs, Sarpanchs to be involved in PDS distribution’
- HIGH-RISK TRANSPLANT PERFORMED AT SKIMS
- JK has ample potential in sports: Chib
ISHFAQ HAS NOWHERE TO GO
Srinagar, July 2: For 12-year old Ishfaq Ahmad of Kupwara life has come to a standstill at Baitul-Hilal orphanage at Jawahar Nagar here. Ishfaq has to stay put in the orphanage even during More
- Srinagar City
Ambassadors, Ulema highlight contribution of Hazrat Shah-e-Hamdan (RA), Hazrat Bulbul Shah (RA) ; Release RenzuShah's book
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, July 2: It was prominent personalities including clerics and Ambassadors from across the globe meeting in the summer Capital to pay tributes to the Muslim saints of Kashmir and highlight their More
PRO-POLYTHENE LOBBY HITS AMBITIOUS PROJECT
Jammu, July 2: Despite passing of two years, the Jammu and Kashmir Government has failed to start work on an ambitious project to manufacture bio-plastic from organic material as an alternative for polythene More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, July 2: The 4th semester students of three-year Diploma Courses in Polytechnics have appealed the Minister of Technical Education RS Chib to postpone their examination. A delegation of More
GK BUSINESS REPORTER
Srinagar, July 2: Valley’s apex business body, the Kashmir Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) today said the “green revolution in Punjab could happen only at the cost of J&K.” Senior Vice More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
New Delhi, July 2: Defence Secretary Pradeep Kumar was today unanimously chosen the next Chief Vigilance Commissioner, four months after the Supreme Court had quashed the appointment of P J Thomas to the More