Ensure soil conservation: Altaf
Srinagar, July 6: Forest Minister Mian Altaf today called for concrete measures to check soil erosion in the state.
Chairing a high level review meeting of Soil Conservation department, the Minister disclosed that Rs 5.18 crores are being utilized under different programmes for conservation of soil in Kashmir province during current fiscal.
Mian Altaf stressed on raising plantation in a systematic way. This, he said had proved an effective method to check soil degradation besides preservation of rich and green environs of the valley over the years.
He directed the concerned officers to formulate action plans in consultation with local representatives for better and pragmatic results on ground. He asked the field officers to stick to the instructions issued by the administrative departments. Flouting the government instructions will invite strict action, he added.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 6 Jul 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 6 Jul 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 7 Jul 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- 51 delegations, 1000 individuals meet CM
- Omar Reviews 4-Lane Highway Project
- 'Mass agitations highlighted K - issue'
- Ensure soil conservation: Altaf
- Govt, fails pilgrims, locals: PDP
- College students protest against suspended class work
- PDD launches drive to realize tariff from defaulters
- Regulate movement of Amarnath yatris: Guv to police
- Beacon labourers protest against disengagement
- ‘Manjeet Jagjeet’ released
- Electrical Employees stage protests
- Conference on Imam-i-Azam (RA) held
- High Court quashes PSA of Qazi Yasir
- Dr Sinha calls on CS
- Div Com reviews land acquisition, compensation cases in Kashmir
- Centre enhances GDC’s intake capacity
- Teachers’ Forum backs JCC’s protest program
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, July 6: Underscoring the importance of authentic BPL list for comprehensive planning and development of the population living Below Poverty Line (BPL), Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah Wednesday More
- Srinagar City
GUNMAN TARGETS JEWELRY SHOP
Srinagar, July 6: In a broad daylight robbery, an unidentified gunman Wednesday decamped with gold ornaments worth Rs three lakh from a shop at busy Hari Singh High Street. Reports said a man More
Jammu, July 6: Recently-elected Panchayat members of a Jammu and Kashmir village resigned Tuesday fearing an attack by the wildlife mafia. The village Poishana is located in the Surankote area on the edge More
Srinagar, July 6: The Inspector General of Police (IGP) Railways Farooq Ahmad visited GRP police station at Nowgam and inspected the police records and the temporary barracks for men over there, a police More
SKEWPY aimed to defuse employment crisis: Omar
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, July 6: Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah Wednesday said the Sher-e-Kashmir Employment and Welfare Programme for the Youth (SKEWPY) is aimed at defusing employment crisis in the State and providing More
New Delhi, July 6: Rich tributes were paid to freedom fighter and founder President of JK Democratic Forum, Pandit Prem Nath Bazaz, on his 27th death anniversary at Delhi, Jammu and Srinagar. In a More