High Court quashes PSA of Qazi Yasir
GK COURT CORRESPONDENT
Srinagar, July 6: High Court on Wednesday quashed the detention under Public Safety Act of Mirwaiz south Kashmir Qazi Yasir.
Justice Hasnain Masoodi pronounced the judgment in the case which was earlier reserved. His detention under PSA has been quashed by the Court.
Meanwhile, the High Court also quashed the detention of three persons under the Public Safety Act and ordered their immediate release. After hearing the arguments of counsels for the petitioners and Government, Justice Hakim Imtiyaz Hussain quashed the detention under PSA of Muntazir Majid Kenu son of Abdul Majid Kenu of Habba Kadal, Farooq Ahmad Dar son of Manzoor Ahmad Dar of Manloo Shopian and Nissar Ahmad Najar.
Pertinently the trio was arrested during last year’s unrest and subsequently booked under PSA. Counsels for the petitioners, Advocate Mir Shafqat and S R Khawar pleaded before the Court that their detention grounds were weak and running in counter with the provisions law. State was represented by, M A Thakur, Nissar Ahmad Shah and Shah Amir.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 6 Jul 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 6 Jul 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 7 Jul 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- 51 delegations, 1000 individuals meet CM
- Omar Reviews 4-Lane Highway Project
- 'Mass agitations highlighted K - issue'
- Ensure soil conservation: Altaf
- Govt, fails pilgrims, locals: PDP
- College students protest against suspended class work
- PDD launches drive to realize tariff from defaulters
- Regulate movement of Amarnath yatris: Guv to police
- Beacon labourers protest against disengagement
- ‘Manjeet Jagjeet’ released
- Electrical Employees stage protests
- Conference on Imam-i-Azam (RA) held
- High Court quashes PSA of Qazi Yasir
- Dr Sinha calls on CS
- Div Com reviews land acquisition, compensation cases in Kashmir
- Centre enhances GDC’s intake capacity
- Teachers’ Forum backs JCC’s protest program
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, July 6: Underscoring the importance of authentic BPL list for comprehensive planning and development of the population living Below Poverty Line (BPL), Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah Wednesday More
- Srinagar City
GUNMAN TARGETS JEWELRY SHOP
Srinagar, July 6: In a broad daylight robbery, an unidentified gunman Wednesday decamped with gold ornaments worth Rs three lakh from a shop at busy Hari Singh High Street. Reports said a man More
Jammu, July 6: Recently-elected Panchayat members of a Jammu and Kashmir village resigned Tuesday fearing an attack by the wildlife mafia. The village Poishana is located in the Surankote area on the edge More
Srinagar, July 6: The Inspector General of Police (IGP) Railways Farooq Ahmad visited GRP police station at Nowgam and inspected the police records and the temporary barracks for men over there, a police More
SKEWPY aimed to defuse employment crisis: Omar
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, July 6: Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah Wednesday said the Sher-e-Kashmir Employment and Welfare Programme for the Youth (SKEWPY) is aimed at defusing employment crisis in the State and providing More
New Delhi, July 6: Rich tributes were paid to freedom fighter and founder President of JK Democratic Forum, Pandit Prem Nath Bazaz, on his 27th death anniversary at Delhi, Jammu and Srinagar. In a More