PM’s package for KP’s rehabilitation cruel joke: Bazaz
Srinagar, June 11: J&K Democratic Forum president, Pandit Bushan Bazaz has termed as ‘cruel joke’ the Prime Minister, Dr Manmohan Singh’s package for the rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits.
“The package is an attempt to make a political benefit from it,” said Bazaz, in a statement, expressing concern over the plight of migrant Pandits.
Bazaz termed as “mere lip service” the appeal of State Government and other leaders to the migrant Pandits for their return to Valley, as, according to him, their houses and other assets were not intact due to two decade long turmoil.
Bazaz, who had come to Valley to participate in the Mela Kheer Bhawani, interacted with the delegations of migrant Pandits. They, according to the statement, apprised him about their views, miseries and hardships.
Quoting Pandits, Bazaz said they could not return to Valley until practical and concrete steps were taken for their rehabilitation.
Lastupdate on : Sat, 11 Jun 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sat, 11 Jun 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sun, 12 Jun 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Reveal names of KP leaders: APMCC to Omar
- I salute Kashmiris for offering sacrifices: Dr Beg
- Accession with India conditional: NC
- SDH Bandipora, other health centres lack anti-rabies vaccine
- Fertilizers shortage hit Bandipora; govt indifferent
- Mehbooba rejects CM’s ‘seasonal calendar’ for rights activists
- Samoon finalizes Amarnath Yatra arrangements
- Bar seeks impartial probe in 2010 unrest killings
- 7 hurt in road mishaps
- PM’s package for KP’s rehabilitation cruel joke: Bazaz
- Come clean on Ansari’s assertion: Omar to separatists
- CM lays foundation of KHS building
- Govt constitutes teams to curb overloading on Sgr-Leh Highway
- Ruhullah lays foundation of 2-road projects in Budgam
- IFS probationers participate in ‘tree talk’
- LEOPARD KILLS MINOR
SHRINE BILL CONTROVERSY
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, June 11: All Parties Migrants Coordination Committee (APMCC) has asked the Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to divulge the names of those leaders who had lobbied against the passing of Temples and More
- Srinagar City
NC pays tribues
MANZOOR UL HASSAN
Srinagar, June 11: Paying rich tribute to its senior leaders Muhammad Afzal Beg and Ghulam Mohi-ud-Din Shah on their death anniversaries, the National Conference (NC) Saturday called them “pillars of the More
GETS ANTICIPATORY BAIL
Jammu, June 11: A local court here Saturday granted anticipatory bail to commissioner secretary Revenue, Aijaz Iqbal in a graft case registered against him by the State Vigilance Organisation. According More
Srinagar: Dukhtaran-e-Millat has paid glowing tributes to all the martyrs including Tufail Mattoo. In a statement, it said a meeting was held on Saturday with party’s acting chief, Riffat Fatima More
Govt to develop new coal mine with 6000 MT annual prod in the area
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, June 11: Minister for Industries and Commerce, S S Slathia has said the government shall develop a new coal mine at Badhog, Kalakote envisaging about 6000 MT annual production to achieve self More