Sumo kills 7-yr-old girl
Srinagar, May 9: A seven-year-old girl died in road accident at Viserwani Tahab Pulwama on Monday.
According to reports, an unidentified sumo vehicle hit and critically wounded Deeba Jan daughter of Farooq Ahmad Bhat of Malikgund Shopian after she alighted from her school bus.
Deeba, reports said was shifted to district hospital wherein she succumbed to her injuries.
Reports said, the Sumo driver, Farooq Ahmad Malik who fled from the accident site later surrendered before police.
Meanwhile, two persons including a woman were wounded in separate accidents at Gangoo and Kakapora, police said.
BROWN SUGAR SEIZED, 1 HELD
Police has apprehended a drug peddler at Hardu Madam Tangmarg seizing 800 grams of brown sugar from his possession.
According to police, the arrested has been identified as Siraj-ud-Din Sheikh son of Ghulam Muhammad Sheikh of Shiekhpora, Kreeri.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 8 May 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 8 May 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 9 May 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Omar hopes for good tourism season
- Pandit woman wins Panchayat election
- NHPC follows State Water Act
- Mehbooba echoes Geelani
- BHIM SINGH HAILS GEELANI
- Court keeps order in abeyance, issues notice to Govt
- Students protest detention of Qazi Yasir
- Militants waiting to infiltrate: Army
- Sumo kills 7-yr-old girl
- Police opens public library
- Symposium held at Degree College Islamabad
- Guv concerned over sale of spurious drugs
- DGP stresses for better policing
- HC seeks records from Trial Court
- Geelani decries Shariati’s ‘custodial disappearance’
- MIRWAIZ RETURNS TO VALLEY
- Volkswagen Foundation for academic cooperation with KU
- Kothibagh students participate in literary meet
INAUGURATES CHINAR BAGH
ARIF SHAFI WANI
Srinagar, May 9: The Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday exuded hope that the Jammu and Kashmir would witness a good tourism season this year. “Whenever tourism season has been at peak in the More
- Srinagar City
Reviews Dal conservation, Rakh-e-Arth settlement, lays New Zero bridge
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, May 9: On reopening of Durbar Move offices in the summer Capital, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Monday spent most of his time to review progress of development activities in the City even as he More
Bandipora, May 9: A 37-year-old woman was allegedly found murdered in her house at Dhobi Mohalla Kaloosa here on Sunday night. According to police, the deceased has been identified as Jana Begum wife More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, May 9: The Planning Commission of India has fixed May 23 for Working Group Discussion for Annual Plan 2011-12 for J&K State to be held at New Delhi. In the wrap up meeting, the State More
Islamabad May 9: The Prime Minister of Pakistan Administered Kashmir Sardar Attique Ahmed Khan on Monday said that Kashmir dispute can be resolved through tripartite talks between Pakistan, India and the More