Expedite probe, identify accused: Court to Police
TUFAIL MATTOO CASE
GK COURT CORRESPONDENT
Srinagar, May 12: The Chief Judicial Magistrate on Thursday directed the police to expedite the investigation and identify the accused in the killing of teenager, Tufail Matto.
Court of CJM, Yashpal Bourney directed the police to expedite the investigation into the killing after Public Prosecutor sought time for identifying the accused. Court granted 16 days to police to complete investigation and listed the case on May 28.
Earlier, the police had submitted that there were 75 suspects in the case. Court asked the police to ascertain from suspects the accused, who fired the tear smoke shell on the teenager.
Mattoo’s death triggered off cycle of violence in the valley and at least 112 persons were killed in subsequent five months in 2010.
According to the family, Tufail was returning home from tuition on June 11 last year when police teargas shell hit him near Gani Memorial College in old city, killing him on the spot.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 12 May 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 12 May 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 13 May 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- ‘File status report on Major Avtar’s extradition’
- Hawks want uncertainty to prevail: Tarigami
- EU delegation meets Guv, CM
- Expedite probe, identify accused: Court to Police
- ‘Illegal stone crushers’ dot B'pora streams; authorities clueless
- Despite CM office intervention, 155 casual labourers yet to receive wages
- 8th phase of Panchayat poll concludes
- One killed,3 hurt in mishaps
- Kangan traders seek road widening
- Respond to epidemic in Keller: PDP
- Ensure smooth supply of drinking water: Taj
- Guv reviews security arrangements for yatra
- Action Plan for stocking essentials in Ladakh finalized
- Judicial remand of accused extended
- DGP chairs meeting
- Former speaker of JK Assembly passes away
- Keep away from drugs: Dr Kamal to youth
COURT TELLS IGP CRIME
Srinagar, May 12 : Court on Thursday directed police to file status report on the progress made in the extradition of Major Avtar Singh, accused in the killing of prominent lawyer and human rights activist More
- Srinagar City
CM chairs Governing Body meeting; asks KU to complete formalities within week
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, May 12: Approving B Com Honours stream in the Islamia College of Science and Commerce, in Shahr-e-Khaas, Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah Thursday underlined “consolidation as an essential More
Srinagar, May 12: The Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah, called on the Governor, N N Vohra, at Raj Bhavan here on Friday evening, an official spokesman said. In an hour long meeting the Governor and More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, May 12: In what would make it easy for the customers across the world to purchase the famous Kashmir-made handloom products, the J&K Handloom Development Corporation is going to start online More
‘Have To Keep Pak Engaged’
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
New Delhi, May 12: India Thursday said underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, an accused in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts, resides in Karachi where he spends most of his time. A day after government released More