DGP reviews functioning of Police Public Schools
Srinagar, May 23: Director General of Police (DGP), Kuldeep Khoda today had a detailed review of the functioning of Police Public Schools and implementation of various programmes being carry out under its welfare schemes for serving, retired and families of slain cops.
Addressing a high level meeting of police officers at Police Headquarters (PHQ) here today, DGP dwelt on the initiatives taken in the recent past with regard to up gradation of Police Public Schools, functioning of newly established schools at district level and welfare schemes for the serving, retired and families of slain cops.
Khoda who is also patron of these institutions, had threadbare discussions to improve the quality of education. The meeting was told that effective steps have been taken to equip the institutions with modern facilities. The meeting decided that facilities in newly established schools would be upgraded to further enhance their efficiency.
Expressing satisfaction over the results achieved in 2010, Khoda stressed upon the management and staff of institutions to work with more dedication and commitment to make them exemplary institutions.
He said that all required facilities including library, computers, education aids and sports kits would be provided to the schools enabling them to compete with other schools. He asked the school administration to maintain liaison with the parents of students and convene frequent meetings with them to get feedback and improve their results.
It was also decided that free coaching classes for the wards of slain cops would be arranged through reputed coaching centres.
Discussing the working of Police Welfare Establishment Centres, the DGP was informed that the Organization has taken many initiatives in the recent years for the rehabilitation of wives of slain cops.
The DGP said that the products of these vocational centres would be put on display for sale during annual police public melas, thus providing jobs to 250 women.
Lastupdate on : Mon, 23 May 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 23 May 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 24 May 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Tarigami urges Kashmiri leaders to shun differences
- Kashmir struggle imperative for Pak survival: Geelani
- Greed, ignorance responsible for dwindling jungles: Prof Punjabi
- 1066 learners receive degree, diploma at IGNOU convocation
- 4 die, 11 hurt in road mishaps
- Ulema, Imams urged to raise voice against female foeticide
- Police files revision petition against trial court order
- Sikhs for action against accused
- SKIMS faculty forum elects new body
- Employed Pandit youth without salary from 5 months: AIKS
- NCPCR team visits Kupwara
- Transporters allege extortion at Sonmarg bridge
- Rs 120 cr for Wullar Development: Altaf
- Police solves murder case in Anantnag
- DGP reviews functioning of Police Public Schools
- Injured lineman left in lurch
- Nayeem Khan pays tributes to Prof Wahid
- Trio arrested for 'beating' sister in HC premises
- 'Celebrate marriages with austerity'
‘Form Common Minimum Framework for K-resolution’
Kulgam, May 23: The General Secretary of CPI (M) and MLA Kulgam, M Y Tarigami on Monday urged separatist and mainstream parties to shun differences and join hands for the resolution of the Kashmir More
- Srinagar City
FOLLOW UP LAL CHOWK TRAFFIC MESS
Srinagar, May 23: For “permanent settlement” of traffic mess created by Jammu bound vehicles in Lal Chowk, the High Court has granted a fortnight to the state government for identifying an alternative More
Initiates proceeding to disqualify 'tainted' MLAs
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, May 23: As a counter offensive against the party dissidents, who have indicated a split in the party, Bhartiya Janta Party today issued notices to its seven tainted’ Members Legislative Assembly More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Srinagar, May 23: The IAF''s Western Command chief Air Marshal D C Kumaria today visited the Awantipora Air Force station in Jammu and Kashmir to take stock of the operational set up. "Air Marshal More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, May 23: Finance Minister, A R Rather today sought special support of the Centre to address development needs of J&K, while urging for granting flexibility to the states by way of relaxation More