JKLF alleges harassment of people
Srinagar, Nov 14: The Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front acting chairman, advocate Bashir Ahmad Bhat has expressed concern over the growing incidents of ‘harassment’ of innocent people by the police across the state.
In a statement, Bhat alleged that the police and other armed forces had been arresting the innocent youth and children from the valley in general and downtown Srinagar in particular without any let up since Eid-ul-Azha. He alleged that the police stations had virtually been turned into torture chambers where arrested youth were being subjected to severe physical and mental torture. He alleged that the Ziana Kadal police station was a glaring example of this kind.
Bhat said Sajjad Ahmad Gilkar was languishing in Kot Bhalwal Jail, Jasim Kawoosa in central jail here, Mushtaq Ahmad Sheikh in Nowhatta police station, Tariq Ahmad Shaksaz of Nawa Kadal in Zaina Kadal police station, Waqar Ahmad of Lal Bazar in Central jail here, Owais Ahmad of Narwara in Central Jail here, Peerzada Muhammad Wasim of Nawa Kadal in Mahraj Gunj PS, Peerzada Muhammad Yaseen in Mahraj Gunj Police station, Dawood Mushtaq Zargar of Jamia Masjid and Zaaid Bin Zahoor of Nawa Kadal in Mahraj Gunj police station. The Front has appealed to the international human rights organizations to take the cognizance of the alleged atrocities on Kashmiris and take steps to save them from this ‘violence’.
Lastupdate on : Mon, 14 Nov 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 14 Nov 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 15 Nov 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- RDD conducts political profiling of candidates
- No power can change CM: Saloora
- Candidates aghast over ‘unjust’ series system
- MLA Langate ‘denied’ passport
- Army holds medical cum vet camp
- Seminar on Linguistic Development in JK begins
- Kashmiri engineer designs jacket for two wheeler riders
- Sajad felicitates people on Eid-e-Ghadeer
- Electricity plays hide-n-seek in Hajin
- 'Number of Diabetes cases increasing in Valley'
- Developmental schemes defunct in Nowgam block
- Mughal road part of larger conspiracy: Sinha
- 'No facilities for special children in Kashmir'
- K-resolution must for Indo-Pak friendship: JKSM
- JKLF alleges harassment of people
Srinagar, Nov 14: Despite repeated claims of Jammu and Kashmir Government of having held Panchayat elections on non-party basis the Rural Development Department has done political profiling of the elected More
- Srinagar City
DEWATERING STATION, A HUB OF ANTI-SOCIAL ACTIVITIES:
GK CITY REPORTER
Srinagar, Nov 14: The residents of Chattabal and adjoining Karan Nagar have complained that a dewatering station in the area near the erstwhile Doodh Ganga Bund has become a “heaven for drug addicts”.& More
Jammu, Nov 14: CPI (M) state secretary and MLA, Muhammad Yousuf Tarigami has asked the government to release wages of the need based workers and casual labourers of various government departments forthwith More