Top CAPD officer nabbed while taking bribe
Srinagar, Nov 24: A senior JK government officer was held today after being caught red handed while accepting bribe in Ganderbal district, a State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) spokesman said.
"Joint Director, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution (CAPD) Department, Muhammad Ashraf Wani was nabbed after a complaint was filed by store-keeper Bashir Ahmad Koul that the official was demanding bribe for his posting," the spokesman said.
During investigation, the spokesman said SVO team laid a trap and the accused was caught red handed while accepting Rs 10,000 in bribe from the complainant.
He said the bribe money was recovered from the accused, who was taken into custody for further investigations.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 24 Nov 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 24 Nov 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 25 Nov 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- CHC Zainapora sans ambulance, facilities
- Salahuddin’s statement on municipal polls evokes mixed response
- Sessions Court stays trial Court order
- School building collapses, student dies
- Candidates seek exam postponement
- Aishmuqam residents protest erratic power supply
- Disabled persons to observe December 3 as black day
- Jaundice outbreak in Shopian, 2 die
- Top CAPD officer nabbed while taking bribe
- Dr Sumbli is Director KU Convocation Complex
- Police achieve major breakthrough
- Div Com asks officials to act fast
LACKS SPECIALIST DOCTORS; RESIDENTS HOLD PROTEST
Shopian, Nov 24: the community health centre (CHC), Zainapora, catering to dozens of villages in the area is without an ambulance, causing huge inconvenience to the patients. Sources in the health More
- Srinagar City
Srinagar, Nov 24: Residents of Maharaj Gunj have complained that the sole Primary Health Centre of this Shahr-e-Khaas area was running short of requisite staff adding that there was also a shortage of More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Nov 24: The Government on Thursday ordered attachment of two police officers, including an IPS officer, after a video showing interrogation of a businessman surfaced on social networking websites More