EEU hails Cabinet decision
Srinagar: Electrical Employees Union (EEU) has sought extension in the service of Power Development Department Commissioner Secretary, Basharat Ahmad Dhar.
In a statement, EEU publicity secretary, said Dhar’s contribution had been ‘immense in tackling the power crisis’ in the state.
“It is impressed upon the Government to give two years extension to Basharat Dhar so that the entire state gets benefited. He has done some administrative reforms in Power sector of J&K,” he said.
Meanwhile, the Publicity Secretary has hailed the Cabinet decision for ex-gratia of Rs 73000 to those who are injured while repairing electricity faults and Rs 3 lakh in case of death.
The Union has also thanked Secretary Power, Altaf and FA Imtiyaz Wani.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 25 Nov 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 25 Nov 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 26 Nov 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Conduct safety audit of school buildings: Div Com
- ‘Works without tender unabated in Chadoora R&B division’
- Hurriyat (G) reacts to police statement
- JKSWDC selected for national award
- JKLF (R) worried over detention of leaders, kids
- EEU hails Cabinet decision
- JKLF concerned over detainees’ plight
- RTI applicants allege information denial
- Court grants bail to accused
- DDC suspends medico
- Prof Farooq Ahmad awarded Emeritus Professorship
- Vandalisation of green gold goes unabated in Kupwara
- Hajj committee announces arrival schedule of pilgrims
- Ayatollah Aga Syed Yousuf remembered
Srinagar, Nov 25: Day after a student died after school building collapsed in north Kashmir’s Ganderbal district, Divisional Commissioner Kashmir Dr Asgar Hassan Samoon on Friday asked the officials to More
- Srinagar City
Aam Aadmi suffers; Admin sleeps
Srinagar, Nov 25: The Sunday Market, which till a few years back used to remain confined in the Poloview area for now stretches upto Amira Kadal leaving the entire City centre including Lal Chowk in a More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Nov 25: Director General of Police J&K Kuldeep Khoda has ordered transfer and posting of Prosecuting Officers. According to the order, Harimder Singh Senior PO SKPA Udhampur has been transferred More
- South Asia
NISAR AHMED THOKAR
Islamabad, Nov 25: Hundreds of people from different walks of life rallied in Pakistan administered Kashmir’s capital city Muzaffarabad on Friday to show their resentment over Gilani led Government’s decision More
Muzaffarabad, Nov 25: A resolution of the Pakistan administered Kashmir cabinet declaring Lord Nazir Ahmed as ‘persona non grata’ has risked a row between United Kingdom’s first Muslim lifetime Peer and More