Robbers’ gang busted in Kulgam, 6 held
Srinagar, Nov 28: Police has busted a gang of robbers in DH Pora Kulgam, arresting six people.
According to police spokesman, during the intervening night of November 22 and 23, some masked persons masquerading as militants barged into the house of Haji Muhammad Yousuf Gojri of Bangward, DH Pora Kulgam and demanded Rs two lakh from him. “The inmates raised hue and cry forcing the robbers to flee. However, the robbers took away some cash from them. The gang had struck earlier also, when they entered in the house of Nazir Ahmad Kala son-in-law of Ghulam Qadir and Haji Mir Hussain Tenda, extorting Rs 5000 and two mobile phones from them,” the spokesman said.
During the investigation, police succeeded in identifying the robbers and after raiding many places arrested the members of the gang, he added.
The arrested have been identified as: Ghulam Qadir Gojri son of Fayaz Ahmad, Sartaj Ahmad Gojri son of Bashir Ahmad, Nisar Ahmad Gorsi son of Abdullah, Fayaz Ahmad Lone son of Ahad, Muhammad Ashraf Gorsi son of Gulla residents of Yarikha and Ghulam Qadir Gorsi son of Ibrahim resident of K.B Pora.
Lastupdate on : Mon, 28 Nov 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 28 Nov 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 29 Nov 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Malik seeks Saudi intervention
- Wrist injuries on rise among Valley youth: SKIMS docs
- Anganwadi centre closed in Budgam, appointment cancelled
- Govt targets 100% literacy in JK: Mir
- Robbers’ gang busted in Kulgam, 6 held
- HWO formulates programmes
- Budgam residents hold protest
- Zaffar condemns arrest of youth
- Rehmatan-lil-Aalameen conference held at Chaterhama
- POLICE ARREST ACCUSED IN MUMBAI
- File status report within one week: Court to SIT
- Work in tandem to develop KU: Prof Talat to officials
- Court acquits 17 accused after 28 yrs
- IGP Kashmir dismisses PA on graft charges
- Army distributes orthopedic aids
- Jora pays obeisance at Hazrat Bulbul Shah (RA) shrine
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Nov 28: The Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) Muhammad Yasin Malik has urged Saudi Arabia to play its role in resolving the Kashmir issue in accordance with the wishes and More
- Srinagar City
Cooking gas cylinder run cabs ferry kids to educational institutions
Srinagar, Nov 28: Children being ferried to schools in vans could literally be sitting on time bombs as many such cabs in the City are run on cooking gas cylinders, a leak in which can lead to disaster More
Jammu, Novr 28: Vice Chancellor, Central University, Jammu and former Chief Secretary Dr. S. S. Bloeria today called for documentation of photographs, hand written notes and paper cuttings of late Sati More
- South Asia
Muzaffarabad, Nov 28: Setting a new tradition in Pakistan administered Kashmir (PaK), PML-N PaK chapter’s chief organizer Raja Farooq Haider has constituted a shadow cabinet in the Legislative Assembly More