MEDIA NOT ALLOWED
Srinagar, Nov 3: The organizers of the event 'g|kashmir' Thursday prevented reporters from interacting with the Google team at SKICC here.
Scribes who reached the venue were surprised to know the Google Team’s press conference had been called off.
Sources said, the news conference was cancelled as members of Google Team expressed dismay over its local partner Mercy Corps not taking them into confidence before making the announcement.
“Mercy Corps and Google will address a press conference at 10.am,” read the invitation of the event named 'g|kashmir' being hosted at the SKICC, here.
The organizers also barred cameramen belonging to different national and international channels, from covering the event. Despite repeated attempts Head of Mercy Corps, Kashmir Usman Ahmad couldn’t be contacted.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 3 Nov 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 4 Nov 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- We’re here to learn: Google Team
- MEDIA NOT ALLOWED
- Yasin Malik not on hit list: LeT
- CHRI, JKRTIM hold seminar
- 5 yrs on, construction of Nowgam PHC still incomplete
- PDP alleges bungling in solar lights distribution
- Traffic snarls on roads make travel irksome: Senior citizens
- Man killed,2 hurt in road mishaps
- Their ancestor migrated to save his family from ‘tyrannies’ of Dogra rulers
- Hurriyat (M) panel discuss restructuring
- Urs of Shah-e-Hamdan(RA) observed with religious fervor
- UECA for extension of tender date
- Elections for 4 MLC seats soon
- Ulema aghast over ‘conversions’
- Major Purushottam remembered
- HC asks Govt to give Rs 3 lakh compensation to victim’s family
- Wagoora inhabitants demand tehsil status
Srinagar, Nov 3: The eight member Google Team presently touring the Valley on Thursday said that it was here to learn and build businesses. “We are not here to invest we are here to learn how we More
- Srinagar City
Sight of camel near lake attracts all eyes
ARIF SHAFI WANI
WHEN Badshah, a camel took a turn near the Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah’s residence at high security Gupkar, he completed his 300 KM arduous journey—on foot from Jammu. It took Badshah and his owner More
Jammu, Nov 3: The Commissioner/ Secretary to Government, General Administration Department, Muhammad Sayeed Khan today said the Civil Secretariat will re-open at winter capital Jammu on November 9 at 9 More
INDO ASIAN NEWS SERVICE
London, Nov 3: Scientists have found a way to slow down ageing in individual cells, a breakthrough that could leave people feeling young well into old age. They believe their finding could help seniors More