Omar, Farooq to campaign for Congress in UP
Jammu, Nov 8: In a sign of the strengthening relationship between Jammu and Kashmir's ruling parties, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and his father will campaign for the Congress in the upcoming assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.
According to a National Conference leader, Abdullahs had been requested to join the Congress campaign in Uttar Pradesh where the Congress is hoping to make some gains and the duo had agreed to do so.
The National Conference is ruling in Jammu and Kashmir with the support of Congress. And the Congress-led UPA government in New Delhi is backed by the National Conference. Farooq Abdullah is union new and renewable energy minister.
Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, a friend of Omar Abdullah, has a lot at stake in the elections in Uttar Pradesh, where the party is hoping to get the crucial minority vote.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 8 Nov 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 9 Nov 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM FRONTPAGE
- Ahead of SAARC summit Indo- Pak foreign secretaries meet
- Durbar to reopen in Jammu today
- Kashmir braces for rain, snow
- Lift AFSPA from NE, Kashmir: Churches' body to Govt
- Omar, Farooq to campaign for Congress in UP
- Geelaniís brother passes away
- SC pulls up Swami Agnivesh for his comments on Amarnath
- Non-planning responsible for JK's housing mess
- Dalai Lama to visit Jammu
- Presidentís Jammu visit rescheduled
- Syed Ashiq Bukhari bereaved