President’s Jammu visit rescheduled
Jammu, Nov 8: President Pratibha Patil’s visit to this winter capital of the state has been cut short by a day and rescheduled, reliable sources here today said.
Ms Patil, who is on a three-day visit to Jammu from November 25, would now stay here for two days, sources added.
‘’As per new schedule, Ms Patil would reach Jammu on November 25 and fly to Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU) Katra to address the convocation and return back to Jammu in the evening,’’ sources said.
They said that Ms Patil would inaugurate renovated historical Mubarak Mandi complex after returning to Jammu and late in the evening, she would attend Dogra Rattan Awards function to be held at General Zorawar Singh Auditorium, University of Jammu.
“Dogra Rattan Awards function was earlier scheduled to be held on November 27 but due to some changes in the programme, it will now held late evening on November 25,’’ sources added.
“The President on November 26 will chair the meeting of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (SMVDB) and will also pay obeisance at the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi cave shrine situated in Trikuta Hills,’’ they said adding that she would fly back to the national capital on the same evening.
Meanwhile security has been tightened ahead of the President’s visit while a team of Special Protection Group (SPG) would arrive here on November 22 and cordon the venues. (AGENCIES)
Lastupdate on : Tue, 8 Nov 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 9 Nov 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM FRONTPAGE
- Ahead of SAARC summit Indo- Pak foreign secretaries meet
- Durbar to reopen in Jammu today
- Kashmir braces for rain, snow
- Lift AFSPA from NE, Kashmir: Churches' body to Govt
- Omar, Farooq to campaign for Congress in UP
- Geelani’s brother passes away
- SC pulls up Swami Agnivesh for his comments on Amarnath
- Non-planning responsible for JK's housing mess
- Dalai Lama to visit Jammu
- President’s Jammu visit rescheduled
- Syed Ashiq Bukhari bereaved