Rationalization of staff in govt hospitals in offing: Health Minister
Srinagar, Sep 30: The Minister for Health, Sham Lal Sharma today said the Health department was making every possible effort to provide qualified doctors and para-medical staff in the government hospitals all over the State.
Replying to a calling attention notice of Naresh Kumar in the Legislative Council, he said the government was in the process of rationalizing the staff in health institutions adding that 600 posts of B-grade specialists had been created recently.
He said there was some shortage of doctors in SDH Bhaderwah, but the doctors/para medical staffs were highly qualified.
The Minister said the Health department was making continued and vigorous efforts to overcome the shortage of both medical and non-medical staff and as soon as the select lists of candidates against the vacancies becomes available, their deployment shall be promptly made to augment the manpower in various health institutions all over the State including the SDH Bhaderwah.
DOCS ENGAGED UNDER NRHM TO TIED OVER SHORTAGE
The Government today said that Unani Hospital Islamabad (Anantnag) was run on internal arrangement basis, however, the hospital could not run due to the detachment of the staff deployed earlier for running the hospital in view of the orders of the High Court.
This was stated by the Minister for Health, Sham Lal in the Legislative Council in reply to question by Muhammad Amin. He said department had engaged the Doctors under NRHM schemes to tide over the scarcity of ISM Doctors.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 30 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 30 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 1 Oct 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Participants seek demilitarization; revocation of AFSPA, PSA
- Recommendations on DAA yet to be finalized: Govt
- Gunfight rages in Keran sector
- Omar apologizes for disclosing identity of rape victims
- Define our powers, privileges: Lawmakers to Govt
- Yasin Malik, supporters held
- No locals in militant ranks: IG CRPF
- Rationalization of staff in govt hospitals in offing: Health Minister
- 277 B-Grade specialists’ posts referred to PSC: Javed
- Withdraw Disturbed Areas Act: Tarigami
- Gul inspects proposed site for new campus of Nawa Kadal college
- Altaf inaugurates Forest nursery at Kralsangri
- MLAs raise uproar in Assembly at New Delhi’s behest: Mir
- NC, PDP deceiving people: JKSM
- Hurriyat (G) threatens protests against Geelani’s house arrest
- 25,957 kanals of land under possession of forces in Kashmir: Govt
- Govt opposes amendment to RTI Act
- Work on Achabal-Chattapal road suspended: Sagar
- EEO in Wakoora block on cards: Peerzada
- LC passes amendment Bill, rejects 5
- Govt willing to include Gurez in Wullar-Mansbal Tourism Authority
‘WE SALUTE SACRIFICES OF KASHMIRI WOMEN’
INTRA-KASHMIR WOMEN’S CONFERENCE
UMER MAQBOOL Srinagar, Sep 30: The participants of Intra-Kashmir Women’s Conference on Friday demanded phased demilitarization and revocation of “draconian” laws in Jammu and Kashmir. In a chat with More
- Srinagar City
Srinagar, Sep 30: Director General of Police (DGP), Kuldeep Khoda Friday said that “all arrangements for 19th Police-Public Mela, being held at Bakshi Stadium, Srinagar have been finalized and the Mela More
- South Asia
INDO ASIAN NEWS SERVICE
Islamabad, Sep 30: Pakistan's fiscal deficit during 2010-11 stood at a mind-boggling Rs.1.3 trillion, official data shows. The finance ministry's consolidated fiscal data reveals that after inclusion More
New York, Sep 30: Equating the Kashmir issue with the Palestinian cause, Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar has claimed that lasting peace in South Asia cannot be achieved without a "just and More