Man killed, 2 injured in road accidents
Srinagar, Oct 10: A man was killed and two others wounded in separate road accidents in the Valley.
According to police spokesman, a Tipper bearing registration number (JK01M-6621) hit and injured a cyclist, Reyaz Ahmad Wani son of Ghulam Muhammad of Hanji Lawaypora and his brother Me’raj Ahmad at village Russoo Beerwah, Budgam. The injured were hospitalized, where Reyaz Ahmad succumbed to his injuries, the spokesman said adding the driver had been arrested and the vehicle seized. A case has been registered in this regard.
In another incident, a car bearing registration number (JK09-6440) hit and injured a child, Athar Ashraf Bhat, 9, son of Muhammad Ashraf Gushi at Natnusa Kupwara, he said adding the wounded had been shifted to SKIMS, Soura for treatment.
MAN FALLS FROM TREE, DIES
A man died after he fell from a tree at Yangerhard, Wadder, Payeen in Handwara.
According to police spokesman, the deceased has been identified as Muhammad Hayat Malik, 65, son of Muhammad Munawar.
GIRL ENDS LIFE
A 19-year-old girl of Tang Dagi Kachwari, Budgam committed suicide allegedly by consuming some poisonous substance at her home.
The spokesman said that after completing all the legal formalities, the body was handed over to family for last rites, adding a case had been registered in this regard.
Police destroyed bung cultivation spread over 10 kanals of land at village Daramdoora Mazhama Shopian.
Meanwhile, Police along with Excise department officials destroyed bung cultivation spread over 80 kanals of land at village Kandigam, Islamabad (Anantnag).
Lastupdate on : Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 10 Oct 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 11 Oct 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- NIT students protest ‘denial’ of basic amenities
- Kunzer girl’s murder solved, man held
- ‘Wattepaed’ selected for NSD theatre fest
- Man killed, 2 injured in road accidents
- Kashmir Life Line, Health Centre organizes rally
- Bhand Pather workshop ends
- GMC principal dedicates ambulances,trolleys to B&J hospital
- Bhat elected district president PTLF Baramulla
- Agas bereaved
- Sufficient funds available to execute Muharram arrangements: Ruhullah
- Kamaal takes on Mehbooba
- Accused to be formally charged on Oct 24: Court
- APDP chairperson attends Dublin Platform
- Governor inaugurates All India Conference on Library Vision 2020
- B'pora family on verge of starvation
- Govt delays investigation in Nazim Rashid’s killing: Hurriyat (G)
- Govt forgets Manigah village in Kupwara
- Sagar for speedy upgradation of judicial infrastructure
- Address declining female sex ratio in JK: Dr Syeda
- +2 lecturers meet DSEK, raises issues
'Institute headless since 2003, sans internet connection '
Srinagar, Oct 10: Outraged at “denial of basic amenities,” students of National Institute of Technology (NIT) here staged a protest inside the campus on Monday. They alleged that institute sans basic More
- Srinagar City
This trendy hangout is beyond a routine fast food joint. Here variety comes in style from leading brands like Go! Chaatzz and CCD, at an ambience as enjoyable as plush heels of Suleiman Hills
IF you are a food lover who wants to relish a cup of globally branded coffee, or enjoy some non-veg barbeque stuff, or wanna have some fresh peppy vegetarian Chaat followed by some hygienically prepared More
Muzaffarabad, Oct 10: Kashmiri leaders hailing from both sides of Line of Control (LoC) on Monday urged the international community to shun its “policy of indifference” towards Kashmir and take effective More
- South Asia
REZAUL H LASKAR/PTI
Islamabad, Oct 10: The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan has indicated that it is willing to talk to the government but will seek mediation by countries like Saudi Arabia if it receives formal offers to hold peace More
Cairo, Oct 10: At least 25 people, including three soldiers, were killed in deadly clashes between Christians, Muslims and security forces today in the Egyptian capital, the worst unrest since the uprising More