NGO ‘Peace Foundation’ members assault GK Reporter
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Oct 13: Members of the non-governmental organization 'Peace Foundation' assaulted the Greater Kashmir Correspondent for South Kashmir, Khalid Gul at Islamabad on Thursday.
According to Khalid, soon after the speakers addressed the gathering, he was waiting to interview those who spoke on the occasion exclusively, but for unknown reasons, members of the NGO led by its patron Fayaz Ahmad Bhat, pounced upon and ruthlessly beat him up for covering the conference on ‘peace’.
Khalid said the NGO members objected to the covering of the event by the media and asked him to leave.
“As I refused, the NGO members caught hold of him and beat me to pulp. It was only after the intervention of police and other media persons covering the event that I was rescued,” he added.
“Following my refusal to leave the venue they pounced upon me and roughed me up. They also hurled abuses on me and threatened to kill me. Policemen who were there saved me from their clutches," he said.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 13 Oct 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 14 Oct 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Interlocutors’ report has vindicated separatists: G N Ratanpuri
- NGO ‘Peace Foundation’ members assault GK Reporter
- Geelani for shutdown on Oct 27
- Yusuf shared podium with Rahul Gandhi: Mehbooba
- Civil society holds demonstration
- Mehbooba denounces
- SEPARATISTS CONDEMN
- HC reserves decision in PSC assistant surgeons case
- Kishtwar family alleges victimization ‘NIA implicating Wasim’
- National workshop on Himalayan resources concludes
- B Ed students hold protest
- Dearth of computers in Funds office
- CTA delegation meets Tanveer Jehan
- CS for strategy to rehabilitate turmoil hit
- Matric examination begins in Valley
- HC asks SDA to initiate action
- Free legal aid is great social service: CJ
- Sham launches prestigious RSBY scheme
- 8 militants in Ganderbal: Army
- Noor Muhammad of Barbarshah passes away
Mainstream, separatists should join hands for prosperity of state: Beg
Islamabad (Anantnag), Oct 13: Expressing displeasure over the report submitted by New Delhi-appointed interlocutors, senior National Conference leader and parliamentarian, Ghulam Nabi Ratanpuri, today More
- Srinagar City
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Oct 13: Flagging off a rally on International Disaster Reduction Day, Divisional Commissioner, Kashmir Abdul Majid Mir stressed for starting of disaster preparedness programs at “each and every More
GK SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT
Jammu, Oct 13: In case internal emergency is clamped on the country anytime in the future it will not cause as much scare among people, political leaders and bureaucrats, including those in the police More