Yusuf shared podium with Rahul Gandhi: Mehbooba
PDP protest rally against corruption
Srinagar, Oct 12: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party Monday dragged the Congress General Secretary, Rahul Gandhi, in the row over the alleged custodial death of National Conference worker, Syed Muhammad Yusuf, saying the deceased had shared podium with him.
“How many activists have toured with Omar Abdullah in a helicopter? Many veteran leaders find it difficult to be on the podium with the Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi but Yousuf was easily allowed by the NC leaders,” Mehbooba said before flagging off a protest rally against “growing corruption” in the National Conference-Congress government, from the party headquarters.
Claiming that Yusuf was “like a family member” to the Abdullah family, Mehbooba alleged that he acting as a “broker” for NC.
“How can they deny that he was close to the NC family? In fact he was like a family member to them. The relationship between Yusuf and the Abdullah family was that he played the role of a broker who used to get money for the NC leaders. The rates were fixed as 50 lakh for an MLC, Rs one crore for a minister,” She alleged.
Taking a dig at the government, Mehbooba said the Srinagar district has been deprived of development. “Srinagar is the most neglected place despite the fact that all MLAs from the district belong to National Conference,” she said.
Later, the women party workers of PDP led by Asiya Naqash, amid anti-government slogans, marched towards the city Centre Lal Chowk to protest against “rampant corruption” in the state government. The protest dispersed peacefully after intervention by police.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 13 Oct 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 14 Oct 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Interlocutors’ report has vindicated separatists: G N Ratanpuri
- NGO ‘Peace Foundation’ members assault GK Reporter
- Geelani for shutdown on Oct 27
- Yusuf shared podium with Rahul Gandhi: Mehbooba
- Civil society holds demonstration
- Mehbooba denounces
- SEPARATISTS CONDEMN
- HC reserves decision in PSC assistant surgeons case
- Kishtwar family alleges victimization ‘NIA implicating Wasim’
- National workshop on Himalayan resources concludes
- B Ed students hold protest
- Dearth of computers in Funds office
- CTA delegation meets Tanveer Jehan
- CS for strategy to rehabilitate turmoil hit
- Matric examination begins in Valley
- HC asks SDA to initiate action
- Free legal aid is great social service: CJ
- Sham launches prestigious RSBY scheme
- 8 militants in Ganderbal: Army
- Noor Muhammad of Barbarshah passes away
Mainstream, separatists should join hands for prosperity of state: Beg
Islamabad (Anantnag), Oct 13: Expressing displeasure over the report submitted by New Delhi-appointed interlocutors, senior National Conference leader and parliamentarian, Ghulam Nabi Ratanpuri, today More
- Srinagar City
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Oct 13: Flagging off a rally on International Disaster Reduction Day, Divisional Commissioner, Kashmir Abdul Majid Mir stressed for starting of disaster preparedness programs at “each and every More
GK SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT
Jammu, Oct 13: In case internal emergency is clamped on the country anytime in the future it will not cause as much scare among people, political leaders and bureaucrats, including those in the police More