Academy announces state photography awards
Srinagar, Oct 18: The Jammu and Kashmir Academy of Art, Culture and Languages Tuesday announced the prestigious state photography awards 2011.
Making the announcement, Academy secretary, Zafar Iqbal Manhas said the awards, which would be presented shortly, had been instituted for promotion of excellence in still photography.
Awarded annually for excellence in the field of still photography the awards are given in three categories carrying a cash prize of Rs 15000, Rs 10000 and Rs 7000 respectively.
Apart from the three main categories, five consolation prizes of Rs 1000 each are also given.
This year the first best photography award of Rs 15000 has been bagged by Channi Anand for his photo “A Hope”. Second prize of Rs 10000 has been awarded to Muhammad Safeen Pakhtoon for his picture “Children’s Paradise” while the third prize of Rs 7000 went to Sijeel Malik for his photo “Midnight Sun”.
In the consolation prize category, Abrar Ali Wani, Muhammad Abdullah, Parveen Kumar, Sanjay Gupta and Arshad Hussain have been selected for a cash prize of Rs 1000 each.
Meanwhile, the Academy held a composite Mushaira at district library Baramulla in which more than a dozen poets representing different state languages participated.
The Mushaira was presided over by Bashir Ahmad Kakri. Besides others noted poet Harbhajan Pandhi was also present on the occasion.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 18 Oct 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 19 Oct 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- CM chairs OBC Board meeting
- 2nd batch of 805 pilgrims leave for Jeddah
- 2 companies of auxiliary police trained as SDRF: Dr Ram Lubhayya
- Aspirants cry foul in candidates’ short listing
- GoC 15 Corps interacts with SSM students
- Man killed, 8 injured in road accidents
- DC Baramulla holds Awami Durbar
- Academy announces state photography awards
- Ayan Mukherji to shoot next film in Kashmir
- Zaffar remembers Ashraf Dar, Shams-ul-Haq
- Edu deptt ‘dilly dallying’ reinstatement of lecturer
- Work for unity in society: JKMPLB to religious scholars
- PDP sacrificed power for people: Mehbooba
- Follow orders within 4 weeks: Court to IGP
- File Geelani’s parole report: Court to Govt
- SHRC police team records statements
- APSCC stage sit-in outside Peerzada’s residence
- HCBA remembers Sailani
- Hurriyat (G) concerned at morphing of photographs
- Jora reviews interior designing of SPS museum
- 528 BLOs APPOINTED
- 100th death anniversary of Abdul Ahad Nadim observed in Bandipora
- Rs 4 crore earmarked for Kandi irrigation'
‘Holistic development of all sections my Government’s policy’
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Oct 18: Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah, on Tuesday said that equitable development of all areas and all sections of the society is his Government’s policy and initiatives have already been taken More
- Srinagar City
Reviews ERA functioning, seeks fast track work on proposed Rambagh flyover
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Oct 18: Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah Tuesday asked the Housing and Urban Development Department to mobilize men and machinery for holding elections of urban local bodies as soon as possible More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Oct 18: Senior National Conference leader and Member of Legislative Council (MLC), Ajay Sadhotra, on Tuesday reacted sharply to the statement of Peoples Democratic Party President, Mehbooba Mufti More
- South Asia
Islamabad, Oct 18: Pakistan will only hold peace talks with Taliban insurgents if they lay down their arms first, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Tuesday, after both sides signaled willingness to More
Gaza/Jerusalem, Oct 18: Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit returned home to a national outpouring of joy on Tuesday after five years in captivity as hundreds of Palestinian prisoners exchanged for him were greeted More