Ayan Mukherji to shoot next film in Kashmir
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Srinagar, Oct 18: Bollywood filmmaker Ayan Mukherji, who made his directorial debut with 'Wake Up Sid', is planning to shoot his next film starring Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone in the Kashmir.
Mukherji, who arrived on a vacation in Kashmir today, said he was impressed by the beauty of the place and has decided to shoot his new love story, titled 'Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani', here.
"It is not a political film. It is a simple love story and after seeing the beauty of this place, I want to shoot my film here," Mukherji said. The 28-year-old director said the shooting for the film will begin early next year.
This will be Ranbir's second film to be shot in Kashmir after 'Rockstar' directed by Imtiaz Ali.
Mukherji has so far directed 'Wake Up Sid', produced by Karan Johar and starring Ranbir Kapoor and Konkana Sen Sharma, and also written the screenplay for Ashutosh Gowariker's 2004 film 'Swades'.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 18 Oct 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 19 Oct 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- CM chairs OBC Board meeting
- 2nd batch of 805 pilgrims leave for Jeddah
- 2 companies of auxiliary police trained as SDRF: Dr Ram Lubhayya
- Aspirants cry foul in candidates’ short listing
- GoC 15 Corps interacts with SSM students
- Man killed, 8 injured in road accidents
- DC Baramulla holds Awami Durbar
- Academy announces state photography awards
- Ayan Mukherji to shoot next film in Kashmir
- Zaffar remembers Ashraf Dar, Shams-ul-Haq
- Edu deptt ‘dilly dallying’ reinstatement of lecturer
- Work for unity in society: JKMPLB to religious scholars
- PDP sacrificed power for people: Mehbooba
- Follow orders within 4 weeks: Court to IGP
- File Geelani’s parole report: Court to Govt
- SHRC police team records statements
- APSCC stage sit-in outside Peerzada’s residence
- HCBA remembers Sailani
- Hurriyat (G) concerned at morphing of photographs
- Jora reviews interior designing of SPS museum
- 528 BLOs APPOINTED
- 100th death anniversary of Abdul Ahad Nadim observed in Bandipora
- Rs 4 crore earmarked for Kandi irrigation'
‘Holistic development of all sections my Government’s policy’
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Oct 18: Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah, on Tuesday said that equitable development of all areas and all sections of the society is his Government’s policy and initiatives have already been taken More
- Srinagar City
Reviews ERA functioning, seeks fast track work on proposed Rambagh flyover
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Oct 18: Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah Tuesday asked the Housing and Urban Development Department to mobilize men and machinery for holding elections of urban local bodies as soon as possible More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Oct 18: Senior National Conference leader and Member of Legislative Council (MLC), Ajay Sadhotra, on Tuesday reacted sharply to the statement of Peoples Democratic Party President, Mehbooba Mufti More
- South Asia
Islamabad, Oct 18: Pakistan will only hold peace talks with Taliban insurgents if they lay down their arms first, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Tuesday, after both sides signaled willingness to More
Gaza/Jerusalem, Oct 18: Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit returned home to a national outpouring of joy on Tuesday after five years in captivity as hundreds of Palestinian prisoners exchanged for him were greeted More