DC Baramulla holds Awami Durbar
Srinagar, Oct 18: The Deputy Commissioner Baramulla, Bashir Ahmad Bhat chaired a public Durbar at Apple Town Sopore on Tuesday.
Officials said the Awami Durbar received an overwhelming response with over 500 representatives from various areas of Sopore participating in it.
On the occasion, the people apprised DC about various problems confronting the Apple Town and appealed him to expedite the process to resolve them. The DC Baramulla told them that 106 kanals of land has been acquired for construction of bus stand in the town. He said the construction of the bus stand had been taken up with the Government.
To resolve the water shortage in Sopore, the DC informed the Durbar that Government had sanctioned Rs 31 crore for strengthening the water supply. He said Rs 16 crores had been spent so far and assured the people that the problem of drinking water supply in Sopore would be resolved by 2012.
The DC also informed the Durbar that under the Integrated Housing Slum Development programme, Rs 1.5 lakh will be provided to the people living Below Poverty Line.
He said the basic objective of the scheme was to strive for holistic slum development by providing adequate shelter and basic infrastructure facilities to the slum dwellers of the identified areas. The DC said out of 650 cases, 300 had been decided and verification of rest of the cases was going on.
He assured the people that all other basic problems including drainage, construction of footpath and staff strengthening of hospitals in the town would undertaken on priority.
On the occasion, the people demanded that the Government should fully take over the Mother and Child Hospital and equip it with adequate infrastructure and manpower.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 18 Oct 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 19 Oct 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- CM chairs OBC Board meeting
- 2nd batch of 805 pilgrims leave for Jeddah
- 2 companies of auxiliary police trained as SDRF: Dr Ram Lubhayya
- Aspirants cry foul in candidates’ short listing
- GoC 15 Corps interacts with SSM students
- Man killed, 8 injured in road accidents
- DC Baramulla holds Awami Durbar
- Academy announces state photography awards
- Ayan Mukherji to shoot next film in Kashmir
- Zaffar remembers Ashraf Dar, Shams-ul-Haq
- Edu deptt ‘dilly dallying’ reinstatement of lecturer
- Work for unity in society: JKMPLB to religious scholars
- PDP sacrificed power for people: Mehbooba
- Follow orders within 4 weeks: Court to IGP
- File Geelani’s parole report: Court to Govt
- SHRC police team records statements
- APSCC stage sit-in outside Peerzada’s residence
- HCBA remembers Sailani
- Hurriyat (G) concerned at morphing of photographs
- Jora reviews interior designing of SPS museum
- 528 BLOs APPOINTED
- 100th death anniversary of Abdul Ahad Nadim observed in Bandipora
- Rs 4 crore earmarked for Kandi irrigation'
‘Holistic development of all sections my Government’s policy’
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Oct 18: Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah, on Tuesday said that equitable development of all areas and all sections of the society is his Government’s policy and initiatives have already been taken More
- Srinagar City
Reviews ERA functioning, seeks fast track work on proposed Rambagh flyover
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Oct 18: Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah Tuesday asked the Housing and Urban Development Department to mobilize men and machinery for holding elections of urban local bodies as soon as possible More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Oct 18: Senior National Conference leader and Member of Legislative Council (MLC), Ajay Sadhotra, on Tuesday reacted sharply to the statement of Peoples Democratic Party President, Mehbooba Mufti More
- South Asia
Islamabad, Oct 18: Pakistan will only hold peace talks with Taliban insurgents if they lay down their arms first, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Tuesday, after both sides signaled willingness to More
Gaza/Jerusalem, Oct 18: Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit returned home to a national outpouring of joy on Tuesday after five years in captivity as hundreds of Palestinian prisoners exchanged for him were greeted More