RDS organizes seminar on drug abuse
Baramulla, Oct 3: The J&K Rural Development Society (RDS) organized a debate on drug abuse today in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district.
The topic of the debate was “Increasing drug addiction and role of educational institutions towards its eradication.
The chairman J&K RDS Mubarak Gul who is also Political Advisor to CM was Chief Guest on the occasion.
Gul highlighted the aims and objective of the RDS and underscored the need for organizing more such awareness programmes.
The Guest of Honour was eminent oncologist Dr. Shad Saleem. Welcome address was given by Chairman RDS North Kashmir Muhammad Ashraf Khan.
Sana Assad of Public Hr. Sec School Baramulla, Raqeeb Sultan of Govt Hr. Sec. School Hadipora, Shabir Ahmad of Govt. Hr sec School Kreeri Pattan secured 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions respectively. Two consolation prizes were bagged by Reyaz Ahmad Sheikh of Govt. Hr. Sec Bijhama and Tolin Kour of SJS Hr. Sec school Baramulla.
On the occasion, Mubarak Gul felicitated Amara Naseem of Uri who made her entry in KAS exams.
Among others, MLA Sopore Muhammad Ashraf Ganie, academicians, heads of the educational institutions, besides several advocates and journalists attended the function.
Lastupdate on : Mon, 3 Oct 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 3 Oct 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 4 Oct 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Tara introduces bill giving property rights to slum dwellers in LA
- Delimitation of constituencies after 2026: Sagar
- After 5 years,Delhi Court acquits Kashmiri aeronautical engineer
- Teacher list controversy puts SSB in dock
- Govt contradicts its earlier claim
- 26 structures gutted in Gurez
- HC quashes PSA detention of 2 Pak nationals
- Youth injured in accidental fire
- 18 gold medals awarded
- G’bl Municipality launches anti-polythene drive
- +2 lecturers meet chairman BOSE
- DFPS meets HCBA
- DC BARAMULLA RESOLVES SULTANPORA ROW
- Army's Northern Command chief visits Ladakh
- Undertake quality research to promote Kashmiriyat: Guv to scholars
- RDS organizes seminar on drug abuse
Srinagar, Oct 3: Ignoring the separatists’ threats, the Deputy Chief Minister, Tara Chand, who is also the Minister for Housing and Urban Development, on Monday introduced the controversial bill in the More
- Srinagar City
‘CONFIDENCE OF PEOPLE, STATE IMPERATIVE FOR BOLLYWOOD TO RETURN’
Srinagar, Oct 3: He has shot 14 films in Kashmir between 1972 and 1988. And he has all long been praising the beauty of the Valley. But on his return to Kashmir after 23 long years, the Bollywood actor More