Teacher list controversy puts SSB in dock
Candidates alleges discrepancies
Srinagar, Oct 3: The controversy surrounding the teachers list issued by the Services Selection Board (SSB) refuses to die down as hundreds of candidates Monday alleged ‘discrepancies’ in preparation of the list.
“The issue of controversial degrees hasn’t been settled yet and board raised a fresh controversy by leaving many of us from the list. The Board didn’t even entertain our claims,” the aggrieved candidates said.
Previously, the candidates also filed a case in the High Court after they were denied permission to appear in the interview following Board’s objection to their degree certificates. The case is still sub-judice.
“If the decision is still pending in the court, how they can publish a list, that too without putting the vacancies for the petitioner candidates?” the candidates question.
The recently published selection lists, they said, had left them without giving the reasons. “The Board asked only some students to get their bonafide certificates rest is left out”, the aggrieved candidates said.
When contacted, the Chairman SSB BD Bhagat said the list is not final. “We have mentioned, at the bottom of every list, that it is provisional and subject to altercation/ modification. The list shall be finalized after receipt and disposal of representation/ claims by the selected/ non-selected candidates and on finalization, it shall be recommended to the indenting department”, he said.
He said the list was issued subject to the outcome of writ petition if any pending on the subject before the Court of Law. “We have not issued the result of petitioner candidates yet so there is no possibility of discrepancy”, Bhagat said. “We are also waiting for the court decision.”
Lastupdate on : Mon, 3 Oct 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 3 Oct 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 4 Oct 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Tara introduces bill giving property rights to slum dwellers in LA
- Delimitation of constituencies after 2026: Sagar
- After 5 years,Delhi Court acquits Kashmiri aeronautical engineer
- Teacher list controversy puts SSB in dock
- Govt contradicts its earlier claim
- 26 structures gutted in Gurez
- HC quashes PSA detention of 2 Pak nationals
- Youth injured in accidental fire
- 18 gold medals awarded
- G’bl Municipality launches anti-polythene drive
- +2 lecturers meet chairman BOSE
- DFPS meets HCBA
- DC BARAMULLA RESOLVES SULTANPORA ROW
- Army's Northern Command chief visits Ladakh
- Undertake quality research to promote Kashmiriyat: Guv to scholars
- RDS organizes seminar on drug abuse
Srinagar, Oct 3: Ignoring the separatists’ threats, the Deputy Chief Minister, Tara Chand, who is also the Minister for Housing and Urban Development, on Monday introduced the controversial bill in the More
- Srinagar City
‘CONFIDENCE OF PEOPLE, STATE IMPERATIVE FOR BOLLYWOOD TO RETURN’
Srinagar, Oct 3: He has shot 14 films in Kashmir between 1972 and 1988. And he has all long been praising the beauty of the Valley. But on his return to Kashmir after 23 long years, the Bollywood actor More