Speaker chairs Press Advisory Committee meet
UPCOMING ASSEMBLY SESSION
‘JOURNALISTS CAN CARRY LAPTOPS ALONG’
Srinagar, Sep 12: Speaker Assembly Muhammad Akbar Lone on Monday asked the media to give wide publicity to the proceedings of the ensuing assembly session commencing from September 26 and report the public importance issues in a free and fair manner.
The Speaker while speaking at Press Advisory Committee (PAC) meeting, held to discuss various arrangements, here said, “Press is the fourth pillar of the democracy and it is the duty of the mediamen to discharge their duties impartiality and highlight the public issues in right perspective.”
Lone directed the Director Information, Renzushah and Secretary Assembly Muhammad Ramzan to take of the matter with Director Hospitality and Protocol regarding providing of comfortable accommodation to the Jammu based journalists. He also directed the Secretary to nominate Nodal Officer of senior level and two to three officials who will assist him so that they can coordinate with the media persons during the session.
Journalists apprised the Speaker about their problems. Lone assured that full support will be provided by the Assembly Secretariat during the session.
He said that laptops will be permitted to the journalists during the session, adding that parking facilities for 25 vehicles will also provided for the journalists.
Among others, Director Doordarshan News, Bashir Malik, senior journalists including Ghulam Hassan Kaloo, correspondents and photo journalists of various media organizations and officers of Assembly Secretariat were present in the meeting.
Lastupdate on : Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 12 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 13 Sep 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Heads of northern states to meet in Srinagar
- Omar visits Zanskar
- ‘Steel benches purchased without tenders in hospitals’
- Suicidal Deaths Continue in Kashmir
- 32 injured in road mishaps
- LC consultative committee visits Pahalgam
- HC dismisses appeal of 2 candidates
- Revived SAC becomes functional
- Speaker chairs Press Advisory Committee meet
- Before TRC, put justice system in place: Tarigami
- 12 injured in clash at police recruitment rally
- 'Contribute towards state’s progress'
- Ahad Zargar remembered
- DIG Railways reviews security
- KU conference on good governance begins today
- JKLF (R) concerned over deaths in hospitals
- Orientation prog for Munsiff, Sub Judges held
- Post profile of award winners on website: Teachers to Govt
- NIT to conduct earthquake risk mgmt training
PC to chair Northern Zonal Council conclave on Sep 27
Srinagar, Sep 12: An important meeting of heads of the northern states here later this month to focus on key issues of common interests will provide JK government an opportunity to raise bar over long More
- Srinagar City
Work delayed, relocation of building structures halted for want of resources; relocated families allege discrimination
Srinagar, Sep 12: The much hyped Dalgate-Zakura road widening project is not able to bear fruits due to apparently faulty execution of the work, which is going on at “snail’s pace”. The widening is More