Conference on good governance concludes at KU
Srinagar, Sept 15: The 2-day Conference on ‘Geomatics for Good Governance’ organized by the University of Kashmir and the Indian Society of Geomatics concluded today.
The conference attracted wide participation of more than 100 professionals from the Geomatics community all across the Country. More than 53 papers/keynote speeches on the use and application of Geoinformation Technology for good governance were discussed through case studies in the Conference. Six Technical sessions including Geomatics and Good Governance; G-Governance tools, techniques and trends; Geomatics for resource planning were organized during the Conference.
The interactive and participatory sessions generated a lot of discussion on various aspects necessary for using the space and information technology for good governance in the country. Various applications of the Geomatics for improving governance in various sectors were showcased during the conference.
In the concluding session, Dr. Shakil A Romshoo, Chairman of the Kashmir Chapter of the Indian Society of Geomatics and Head, Dept. Of Geology, Geophysics and Geoinformatics, KU, summarized the Session diaries and recommendations.
The participants expressed heartfelt condolences to the family of Dr. S. K. Pathan whose sudden death at the inaugural of the Conference shocked the entire Geomatics community in the Country. The participants observed two minute silence and prayed for peace of the departed soul.
Dr Romshoo announced that the University of Kashmir and the Kashmir Chapter of the Indian Society of Geomatics shall award the 1st position rank holder in the Geoinformatics Program at the Dept. of Geology, Geophysics and Geoinformatics, KU with SK Pathan Gold Medal.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 16 Sep 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Judicial officers transferred
- Mirwaiz calls on ICRC deputy chief
- BOSE not to upgrade 39 schools in Kashmir
- State Art Awards announced
- Plays for youth awareness staged in Baramulla
- Kashmir to host mega philately exhibition
- Provide prompt relief to Digdol mishap victims: LA panel
- 15 injured in road mishaps
- Speaker seeks legislators cooperation in smooth conduct of session
- ‘Realize CM’s vision of providing responsive administration’
- Govt committed for betterment of downtrodden: Sakina
- Discovery of unnamed graves tip of ice-berg: Tramboo
- Peerzada stresses speedy construction of KGBVs, Model Schools
- Conference on good governance concludes at KU
- Kashir conference to deliberate on language movement: AMK
- Koshur Mahaz celebrating ‘Kashir Doah’
- Maximise use of technology to avoid disasters: Nasir
- Stage peaceful protests after Friday prayers: Geelani to people
- Counsel for accused pleads innocence
- JK ‘spoils’ midday meals
- Perform or face action: Sham to medicos
- Thousands attend Shah-i-Jeelan conference in Dooru Shahbad
- CJ lays foundation of Alternative Dispute Resolution Centre
- Senior citizens denounce Kashmiris’ harassment in other states
- Pensioners optimistic about outcome of Govt-JCC talks
Muhammad Anwar Al-Nasir posted Sub Judge Pattan
Srinagar, Sep 15: Registrar General of High Court on Thursday ordered following transfers and postings of Judicial Officers. Muhammad Anwar Al-Nasir, Munsiff, on his adhoc promotion as Sub Judge More
- Srinagar City
Two year project incomplete even after three years; authorities prefer blame game; Shahr-e-Khaas suffers
Srinagar, Sep 15: In 2008, government started a prestigious project to upgrade Nallahmar Road, a key connectivity to Shahr-e-Khaas, by laying new drainage system, water pipes and blacktopping. Three years More
Delhi blast fallout
Kishtwar Sep 15: Jammu and Kashmir Police and National Investigation Agency (NIA) have arrested two more youth, believed to be mastermind behind the HuJI email claiming responsibility of Delhi High Court More
- South Asia
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Islamabad, Sep 15: A suicide bomber struck at a funeral of an anti-Taliban tribal elder in northwest Pakistan today, killing 31 people during the prayers and injuring over 50 others. The bomber detonated More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Beijing, Sep 15: China and Bangladesh today agreed to deepen bilateral military ties during a key meeting between Chinese Defence Minister Liang Guanglie and the visiting Bangladeshi Army Chief, General More