Plays for youth awareness staged in Baramulla
Baramulla, Sep 15: As part of their continuous efforts to provide a space to youth of the Valley and to highlight social and political issues, police on Wednesday organized stage shows at Thimaya Hall Baramulla.
The show, which was performed by famous Jammu based theatre group Natrang was well received by audiences. The show portrayed several issues being confronted by the youth.
The show started with a famous Russian play “Chameleon”, highlighting the role of police in a civilized society. The main aim of the play was to highlight how police change its colors when it is a case of some high profile political personality. The audience was thrilled to watch how a dog was treated by the cops after they came to know that it belongs to a politician.
The second play titled “Choona Hai Asman’ focused on the present day youth. The play was aimed to show the behavior of the youth under the influence of drugs. The play highlighted the misuse of different electronic gadgets like mobile phones or social networking sites by youths.
The play portrayed a strong message that youth should adhere to their family values.
On the occasion, SSP Baramulla Dr Haseeb Mughal said that every play has a powerful message for the society. “Whatever is being portrayed in a play is a reflection of events in our society. Every person has a responsibility towards his society and a prosperous and crime free society is only possible when people together work for the betterment for the society,” he said.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 16 Sep 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Judicial officers transferred
- Mirwaiz calls on ICRC deputy chief
- BOSE not to upgrade 39 schools in Kashmir
- State Art Awards announced
- Plays for youth awareness staged in Baramulla
- Kashmir to host mega philately exhibition
- Provide prompt relief to Digdol mishap victims: LA panel
- 15 injured in road mishaps
- Speaker seeks legislators cooperation in smooth conduct of session
- ‘Realize CM’s vision of providing responsive administration’
- Govt committed for betterment of downtrodden: Sakina
- Discovery of unnamed graves tip of ice-berg: Tramboo
- Peerzada stresses speedy construction of KGBVs, Model Schools
- Conference on good governance concludes at KU
- Kashir conference to deliberate on language movement: AMK
- Koshur Mahaz celebrating ‘Kashir Doah’
- Maximise use of technology to avoid disasters: Nasir
- Stage peaceful protests after Friday prayers: Geelani to people
- Counsel for accused pleads innocence
- JK ‘spoils’ midday meals
- Perform or face action: Sham to medicos
- Thousands attend Shah-i-Jeelan conference in Dooru Shahbad
- CJ lays foundation of Alternative Dispute Resolution Centre
- Senior citizens denounce Kashmiris’ harassment in other states
- Pensioners optimistic about outcome of Govt-JCC talks
Muhammad Anwar Al-Nasir posted Sub Judge Pattan
Srinagar, Sep 15: Registrar General of High Court on Thursday ordered following transfers and postings of Judicial Officers. Muhammad Anwar Al-Nasir, Munsiff, on his adhoc promotion as Sub Judge More
- Srinagar City
Two year project incomplete even after three years; authorities prefer blame game; Shahr-e-Khaas suffers
Srinagar, Sep 15: In 2008, government started a prestigious project to upgrade Nallahmar Road, a key connectivity to Shahr-e-Khaas, by laying new drainage system, water pipes and blacktopping. Three years More
Delhi blast fallout
Kishtwar Sep 15: Jammu and Kashmir Police and National Investigation Agency (NIA) have arrested two more youth, believed to be mastermind behind the HuJI email claiming responsibility of Delhi High Court More
- South Asia
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Islamabad, Sep 15: A suicide bomber struck at a funeral of an anti-Taliban tribal elder in northwest Pakistan today, killing 31 people during the prayers and injuring over 50 others. The bomber detonated More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Beijing, Sep 15: China and Bangladesh today agreed to deepen bilateral military ties during a key meeting between Chinese Defence Minister Liang Guanglie and the visiting Bangladeshi Army Chief, General More