UCC lifts President’s Cup
Srinagar, Sep 18: UCC lifted the Presidents Cup 2011 by defeating Amar Singh Club in a rain truncated day by 23 runs in Baramulla.
In the final match, UCC Srinagar decided to bat first after winning the toss. UCC were all out on 180 runs in 35 overs.
While chasing the target, Amar Singh Club was 73 for five wickets when the rain stopped the play for some time. However, the play was resumed after the rain stopped and Amar Singh was given a revised target of 131 runs in 22 overs as per the Duckworth–Lewis system.
However, Amar Singh club fell short of 23 runs when all their batsmen were bowled out. Amir Aziz who hit 43 runs and claimed three wickets was adjudged man of the match. Huwaid Ronga after scoring 244 runs and seven wickets was declared man of the series. Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association treasure Prof Manzoor Wazir was the chief guest on the occasion while as Vice Chairman JKCA Javaid Ahmad Kitab and working committee members Shubam Lal, G M Ronga and M Amid were also present on the occasion. The tournament was organized by JKCA.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 18 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 18 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 19 Sep 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM SPORTS
- CM inaugurates golf course in Gulmarg
- Steps underway to create infrastructure for sports: Speaker
- Chandigarh knocks out JK
- UCC lifts President’s Cup
- Delhi beat JK, earns 2 point
- Saif-Ud-Din football tournament on
- Cycle Polo team leaves for Jodhpur
- Shahid Afridi set to end retirement again
- 'AMIR OUGHT TO HAVE COME CLEAN SOONER'
- Razzaq sees CLT20 as a step towards IPL
- 'India deserved break after WC triumph'
- Straight drive is my favourite shot, says Tendulkar
Srinagar, Sep 18: The Minister for Higher Education, Abdul Gani Malik has called for joint and coordinated efforts for promotion of Kashmir language adding Kashmiri was spoken not only in the Valley, but More
- Srinagar City
People suffer, authorities sleep
Srinagar, Sep 18: People have complained that the public transport buses go off the roads soon after the sunset creating problems for them in reaching their destinations. The complaints have poured More