4th Telecom Advisory Committee meet held
BSNL told to improve services
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Sep 21: Member Parliament, Madan Lal Sharma today chaired 4thTelecom Advisory Committee meeting here today.
Among others General Manager BSNL (Chairman TAC), Sandeep Sawarkar, Members TAC, Badri Nath Sharma and Shashi Sharma, DGM (CM), Hemant Mahay, DGM (CFA), Kulbhushan Sharma, DGM (EB), Pawan Aggarwal and senior officers of BSNL were present on the occasion.
Speaking on the occasion, Madan Lal Sharma stressed upon the need for installation of more towers in border areas to overcome the weak network problem in these areas.
He asked the officers concerned to work hard to improve the services of BSNL especially keeping in view the hard competition from the private sector companies.
It was informed in the meeting that under various landmark projects being launched by BSNL, the fibre to home equipment have been installed and tested. High speed broadband will work on this officially and will be launched very soon in Jammu city and connection shall later on be extending to other areas also.
About the communication going on with State government regarding provision of high speed internet to approved colleges, the meeting was told that for this 25 percent of the cost will be borne by the colleges itself and the rest 75 percent shall be paid by state government.
The demand for opening of various customer service centres for better facilities to the customers especially in the rural areas may be taken up immediately. From BSNL side it was assured to Member Parliament that the same will be completed within a month’s time.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 21 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 21 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 22 Sep 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM BUSINESS
- Another shocker for Kashmir Inc; High Court defers KCCI polls
- 4th Telecom Advisory Committee meet held
- Min tells farmersGo for organic farming
- JK Bank flags off RSETI Shopian
- FCIK demands inclusion of services in cross-LoC trade
- Revival of woollen industry in JK on cards
- Nobody will be allowed to misuse public funds: Jora
- 1-day RKVY awareness camp organized
Asks Forest officials to remain cautious
Kupwara, Sep 21: The Minister for Forest and Environment, Mian Altaf Ahmad, on Wednesday warned the land mafia and smugglers against encroachment on the forest land and vandalizing of the State’s green More
- Srinagar City
DAL CONSERVATION HEARING
Srinagar, Sep 21: The High Court Wednesday directed the government to include Union Finance Secretary in the high level committee constituted for Dal conservation for the smooth mobilization of funds More