300 militants active in JK: DIG
Ganderbal, Sep 22: A top police official on Thursday said that there were nearly 300 militants active in the state.
“There are only three militants active in Ganderbal district, while there are 300 militants active in the state,” Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police (Central Kashmir Range), Abdul Gani Mir told Greater Kashmir on sidelines of a function at District Police Lines here.
The DIG said that Ganderbal remained peaceful during last year’s summer unrest and no casualty was reported in any part of the district.
Earlier speaking on the occasion the DIG said the Police and security forces should exhibit maximum restraint during anti-militancy operations, and while maintaining law and order situations.
Mir said, “Cooperation of people has always encouraged our forces in dealing with challenging situations.”
Later the DIG distributed the ‘Parakam Padak’ among the seven policemen from
Ganderbal who had sustained injuries during maintaining law and order in the district.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 22 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 23 Sep 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- 300 militants active in JK: DIG
- 'If allowed, Geelani will address public meeting at TRC today'
- Where Is Police Establishment Board?
- Separatists snub interlocutors
- Omar defends chopper ride to Barrister Sultan
- Govt to set up rehab-cum-counseling centres at districts: Health Minister
- Youth conference on drug addiction held
- NC, Congress planning sabotage: Er Rasheed
- Vital works stalled in Bandipora
- Consider issuance of passport to Asiya’s son: Court to Passport Officer
- Court hears Shopian case, next hearing on Nov 21
- Forest graduates’ hunger strike from today
- Body recovered in Pampore
Ganderbal, Sep 22: A top police official on Thursday said that there were nearly 300 militants active in the state. “There are only three militants active in Ganderbal district More
- Srinagar City
SMC completes drainage work nine months ago, forgets macadamization
Srinagar, Sep 22: In 2010, the Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC) started a drainage project on the road between Zarabkhana, Saraf Kadal and Gadyar, Zaina Kadal, a key connectivity to the City’s heritage More
‘Tender apology for praising Modi’
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Sep 22: The senior National Conference leader and Member of Legislative Council (MLC) Ajay Sadhotra on Thursday demanded an apology from Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for praising Gujarat Chief More
- South Asia
NISAR A THOKAR
Rawalpindi, Sep 22: The former premier of Pakistani administered Kashmir and the supreme head of Muslim Conference Sardar Muhammad Abdul Quyyum Khan has said that the prevailing political and the human More
Paris, Sep 22: Kenza Drider’s posters for the French presidential race are ready to go, months before the official campaign begins. There she is, the “freedom candidate,” pictured standing in front of More