Aggarwal visits Baramulla Jail
Srinagar, Sep 23: Director General of Prisons, Navin Aggarwal, accompanied by Staff Officer, Masood Fazili visited District Jail Baramulla today and took stock of the facilities being provided to the inmates by the jail authorities. He went round the barracks and interacted with the inmates. He enquired about the behavior of the staff and legitimate facilities being provided to them.
The records of the jail were scrutinized and instructions for improvement were issued.
Superintendent Jail was asked to engage the inmates in vocational training imparting skills to them so that they could earn livelihood after release from jail.
A Durbar was also held in which the staff members put forth their grievances like stagnation and hardship allowance responding to which Aggarwal assured them of all out efforts to redress the same.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 23 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 23 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 24 Sep 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Where are Police Complaint Authorities?
- New Delhi has unleashed unilateral violence: Malik
- JK to revise electoral rolls from next month
- 2 arrested for attempting ‘fraudulent’ money withdrawal
- Minor among 2 killed,3 hurt in road mishaps
- Khoda reviews arrangement for Police-Public Mela Event on October 2
- Furnish Farde Raftaar, conduct field inspection: Div Com to Revenue officers
- SKIMS TO PROCURE CT-PET SCAN ON PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP
- Aggarwal visits Baramulla Jail
- Edu deptt non teaching staff highlight problems
- PHE records go missing
- Dr Darakshan calls on GOC
- Police prevent Geelani from offering Friday prayers again’
- KU Kupwara campus on cards
- Docs camp at Krawoora
- Every district hospital to get CT Scan facility: Sham
- Be architects of your future: Mir asks youth
- All Karewas to be brought under irrigation network: Taj
- Akhoon meets CAM officials
SC called for establishment of bodies to deal with misconduct by officers
Srinagar, Sep 23: Jammu and Kashmir Government is yet to comply with a Supreme Court directive on establishment of Police Complaint Authorities at different levels to probe the cases of misconduct by police More
- Srinagar City
Macadamization project left halfway, R&B says locals hindered work progress
Srinagar, Sep 23: In July this year, the Roads and Building department started macadamization of Bulbul Lankar-Aali Kadal-Nawa Kadal road stretch to improve connectivity in the densely populated Shahr More
Jammu, Sep 23: Arguing that Jammu and Kashmir Assembly does not have power to debate and pass a resolution seeking clemency for Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, an MLA, suspended by the BJP, today More
- South Asia
REZAUL H LASKAR
Islamabad, Sep 23: Rattled by US' assertion that ISI was acting in tandem with the Haqqani network in Afghanistan, Pakistan's civil and military leadership today collectively hit back at Washington, contending More
D RAVI KANTH/PTI
Geneva, Sep 23: Albert Einstein's 1905 theory of relativity is one of the most fundamental pillars of physics – but now scientists say his conclusion that nothing can travel faster than light could be More