Be architects of your future: Mir asks youth
Babagund (Pattan), Sep 23: Minister for Agriculture, Ghulam Hassan Mir today asked the youth to be architects of their future by making strenuous efforts and making mark in academic and professional fields.
Addressing a public meeting here, the Minister said that in the present scenario, the world has become a global village, connecting people through various hi-tech facilities. He stressed upon the youth to take maximum benefit of the scientific inventions to make their life comfortable and significant.
The Minister said that almost all the higher secondary schools and colleges have been equipped with computer and science labs to provide students an opportunity to excel in various job oriented courses so that they can face the present day challenges on national and international level.
Mir who had toured various areas of Pattan announced that a Foot bridge would be constructed over Ferozepora Nallah near Babagund to facilitate the people of different villages and farmers of the area.
The Minister directed the executive engineer R&B to prepare project report of the foot bridge at the earliest so that funds would be arranged for the same.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 23 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 23 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 24 Sep 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Where are Police Complaint Authorities?
- New Delhi has unleashed unilateral violence: Malik
- JK to revise electoral rolls from next month
- 2 arrested for attempting ‘fraudulent’ money withdrawal
- Minor among 2 killed,3 hurt in road mishaps
- Khoda reviews arrangement for Police-Public Mela Event on October 2
- Furnish Farde Raftaar, conduct field inspection: Div Com to Revenue officers
- SKIMS TO PROCURE CT-PET SCAN ON PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP
- Aggarwal visits Baramulla Jail
- Edu deptt non teaching staff highlight problems
- PHE records go missing
- Dr Darakshan calls on GOC
- Police prevent Geelani from offering Friday prayers again’
- KU Kupwara campus on cards
- Docs camp at Krawoora
- Every district hospital to get CT Scan facility: Sham
- Be architects of your future: Mir asks youth
- All Karewas to be brought under irrigation network: Taj
- Akhoon meets CAM officials
SC called for establishment of bodies to deal with misconduct by officers
Srinagar, Sep 23: Jammu and Kashmir Government is yet to comply with a Supreme Court directive on establishment of Police Complaint Authorities at different levels to probe the cases of misconduct by police More
- Srinagar City
Macadamization project left halfway, R&B says locals hindered work progress
Srinagar, Sep 23: In July this year, the Roads and Building department started macadamization of Bulbul Lankar-Aali Kadal-Nawa Kadal road stretch to improve connectivity in the densely populated Shahr More
Jammu, Sep 23: Arguing that Jammu and Kashmir Assembly does not have power to debate and pass a resolution seeking clemency for Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, an MLA, suspended by the BJP, today More
- South Asia
REZAUL H LASKAR
Islamabad, Sep 23: Rattled by US' assertion that ISI was acting in tandem with the Haqqani network in Afghanistan, Pakistan's civil and military leadership today collectively hit back at Washington, contending More
D RAVI KANTH/PTI
Geneva, Sep 23: Albert Einstein's 1905 theory of relativity is one of the most fundamental pillars of physics – but now scientists say his conclusion that nothing can travel faster than light could be More