Mirwaiz submits memorandum to OIC
Srinagar, Sep 25: Chairman of Hurriyat Conference (M) Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Sunday submitted a memorandum to Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) asking it to call upon India to sincerely address the Kashmir issue in accordance with the UN Security Council resolutions.
"The OIC should call upon India to sincerely address the core dispute of Jammu and Kashmir in the dialogue for its resolution, in accordance with the UN Security Council resolutions," the memorandum submitted by the Hurriyat Chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq to OIC's Kashmir Contact Group in New York said.
The Hurriyat (M) also asked the OIC to impress upon the Indian government the need to take immediate steps to mitigate the sufferings of Kashmiris.
Mirwaiz also sought demilitarization of Kashmir and revocation of "all draconian laws" in the state. He also sought holding of a "free and fair plebiscite in Jammu and Kashmir under UN auspices, as stipulated in UN Security Council Resolutions".
Lastupdate on : Sun, 25 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 25 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 26 Sep 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Boycott Cong membership drive: Geelani to youth
- Rahul rejects Geelani’s allegations
- Mirwaiz submits memorandum to OIC
- Mining, blasting reach forest fringe
- 58th ‘tree talk’ held in Bijbehara
- Civil Society to monitor developments
- Ban on repair of houses in Pahalgam resented
- 2 boys missing in Ganderbal
- CME held in Kreeri hospital
- ‘Stolen’ as infant, back as teen: Kashmiri twin's tale
- Thousands of people attend Gousul Azam conference
- Aga Medhi's death anniversary observed
- Academy acknowledges official’s representation
- Time not ripe to decide on AFSPA: GOC
- Army organises picnic for students
Srinagar, Sep 25: Chairman of Hurriyat Conference (G) Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Sunday asked students to boycott the program of Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi and membership drive of the party More
- Srinagar City
With successive regimes failing to pay requisite attention, this 200-years-old
Srinagar, Sep 25: Maharaj Gunj, a prominent heritage marketplace in Shahr-e-Khaas is fast losing charm due to alleged neglect by successive regimes even though the market could have been a key attraction More
Udhampur, Sep 25: Reiterating resolve of his party to eradicate menace of corruption, former Chief Minister and Peoples Democratic Party, patron Mufti Muhammad Sayeed today demanded creation of grievance More
REZAUL H LASKAR/PTI
Islamabad, Sep 25: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has said US assertions that Pakistan's spy agency ISI has links with the Haqqani terror network is a reflection of "policy disarray" within the Obama More