Govt to review execution of road in Ramnagar forest: Altaf
Srinagar, Sep 27: Minister for Forests and Environment Mian Altaf Ahmad today said that forest clearances for execution of road from Parla Chakal to Blota Chigla in Ramnagar forest division under PMGSY would be reconsidered for providing the road connectivity facility to a large population of the area.
This was stated by the Minister while replying to the calling attention notice of Harsh Dev Singh in the Legislative Assembly today.
Giving details of the status of the proposal for forest clearances of the said road, Mian Altaf said that Chief Conservator of Forests Jammu, vide his letter dated 25.9.2011 had submitted the proposal with forest land as 18.74 hectare, trees/ poles 6666 number and width of the road 10 meters.
The Minister said that the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests has asked the CCF Jammu to re-examine the proposal as it involved large number of trees/poles. The CCF Jammu submitted the revised proposal reducing the width of the road from 10 meters to 8 meters thereby reducing the forest land involved to 15.27 hectares and trees/poles to 5912 number, he said.
He said a proposal was placed before the 56th Forest Advisory Committee (FAC) meeting held on 21.04.2011 wherein it was deferred on the ground that it involved large number of tress/poles.
Altaf said the proposal was again placed before the 59th FAC meeting held on 08.08.2011 but the proposal was rejected as it involved large number of tress, poles and saplings of economically important species.
The Minister said that the intending Agency was asked to give priority to those projects which benefits large number population with lesser ecological damage.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 27 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 28 Sep 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Discussing foreign affairs in Assembly not our mandate: Rather
- Guv for propagation of Gandhian philosophy
- Releases ‘Gandhi’s Outstanding Leadership’
- Hajj pilgrims’ vaccination
- Mirwaiz leaves US for Saudi Arabia
- Members raise issues of public importance
- Expedite confirmation of I/C lecturers: PTLF to govt
- Man found hanging from tree
- Govt to form panel for raising issue with Sahitya Academy
- High Court dismisses petitions against PSC
- VOHRA GREETS PEOPLE
- Dr Sheikh awarded in US
- JKBOSE CLARIFIES
- Lt Gen Pranaik releases special covers
- Tarigami for discussion on NHPC in Assembly
- Mirwaiz meets Palestinian leader
- Status quo on BJP MLAs: Speaker
- Govt to review execution of road in Ramnagar forest: Altaf
- 1300 rape cases reported in past 5 yrs: Govt
- Centre okays opening of 1007 seasonal schools in JK: Peerzada
- LA Secretary informs House about passed bills
- Police verification to be completed within 4-6 weeks: Nasir
- Qarra mends fences with PDP
- Nursing students stage protest
- INVESTIGATION ON IN 2010 UNREST KILLINGS: GOVT
- '98 arrested for pumping Hawala Money'
- Will approach court against Grand Mufti: Er Rasheed
- TeH concerned over Musa’s health
Srinagar, Sep 27: Acknowledging that the State Government doesn’t have the mandate to discuss foreign affairs in the Assembly, Finance Minister, Abdul Rahim Rather Tuesday maintained that it couldn’t direct More
- Srinagar City
2250 BITTEN IN 5 MONTHS; 15 ON AVERAGE EVERYDAY
WORLD RABIES DAY
M HYDERISrinagar, Sep 27: With the coalition-government failing to tackle dog menace in the City, which hosts over one lakh stray packs, the dog bite cases have reached a record high this year with mere More