Governor condoles demise
Srinagar: The Governor, N N Vohra has expressed profound grief over the killing of Lt. Sushil Khajuria of 18 Grenadiers in an encounter at Kopra in Kupwara district yesterday.
In his message, the Governor paid homage to Lt. Khajuria, lauding his commitment, courage and valour.
The Governor expressed sympathy with the bereaved family and prayed for peace to the departed soul.
He has written personal letters to Lt. Khajuria’s mother and to Lt. Gen. S A Hasnain, Corps Commander, XV Corps, to convey his sympathy.
MEETS PANTHERS PARTY LEGISLATORS
A delegation of the J&K National Panthers Party Legislators called on Governor, N N Vohra at Raj Bhavan here this evening.
During their meeting with the Governor, the delegation of Legislators comprising Harsh Dev Singh, Balwant Singh Mankotia, Yashpal Kundal and Syed Rafiq Shah, brought up certain issues relating to the ongoing session of the State Legislature.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 29 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 29 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 30 Sep 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Govt admits illegal appointments
- Students stage protests, demand passing of TMU Bill
- Burglars again decamp with ATM
- SVC Bill introduced in Assembly
- Police commemoration day on Oct 21
- 1 killed, 2 injured in road mishaps
- Apologise to rape victims: Tarigami to government
- Be student friendly: +2 lecturers to BOSE
- Governor condoles demise
- Development of backward pockets Govt’s priority: Omar
- New administrative units under Govt’s consideration: Nasir
- Money for Ladakh, Jammu sliced from annual plan: Mansoor
- Conference on stoma care held
- 3 Sri Lankans held for smuggling
- K-movement passing through important phase: JKLF (R)
- Cong blames speaker for disruptions in LA
- Municipal polls after delimitation
Have Sought Information On Daily Wagers: Rather
Srinagar, Sep 29: The Government on Thursday admitted that illegal appointments were made in departments due to which information sought from them has not been furnished fully. Responding to a query More
- Srinagar City
Srinagar, Sep 29: An aged woman, Jaana Begum died allegedly due to shock after being handed over a warrant by a policeman at Hazuri Bagh in the City Thursday. Following the incident, the entire neighbourhood More
HUJI E-MAIL TRAIL
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Sep 29: After Harkat-ul-Jehad-al-Islami, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) probing the Delhi High Court blast has turned its focus on Hizbul Mujahideen. Sleuths of NIA, according to the More