ICRC team calls on Governor
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Sep 7: A three-member team of the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC), currently on a visit to the State, called on Governor N N Vohra, at Raj Bhavan, here on Wednesday, an official spokesman said.
He said the team led by Dominik Stillhart, Deputy Director Operations, International Committee of Red Cross, Geneva, briefed the Governor about the ICRC activities in Jammu and Kashmir.
They discussed with the Governor various issues relating to the Red Cross activities in the State and appreciated the good work being done by the Indian Red Cross Society, J&K State Branch.
The Governor, who is the President of the Indian Red Cross Society, J&K State Branch, said that the Red Cross movement has grown tremendously across the world in past decades and is doing valuable work, particularly in helping the people in distress and supplementing the governmental efforts in healthcare delivery to the needy. He also dwelt on the activities of the State Branch of the Red Cross and the initiatives it has been taking in reaching out to the people affected by calamities.
Francois Stamm, Head of Regional Delegation, New Delhi and Daniel O Malley, Team Leader, ICRC, J&K, were accompanying Stillhart.
R K Goyal, Principal Secretary to the Governor and Feroze Ahmad, General Secretary, Indian Red Cross Society, J&K State Branch, were present on the occasion.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 7 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 7 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 8 Sep 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- ICRC team calls on Governor
- Govt deliberately delaying selection of ICs: Mehbooba
- Bandipora villages without basic amenities
- PEOPLE AGHAST OVER FILTHY WATER SUPPLY
- Despite Guv’s direction, garbage heaps dot Amarnath cave route
- Sheikh Abdullah’s death anniversary today
- Governor pays homage
- Appoint non bureaucrats as SIC members: JK RTI Movement
- MAN DROWNS
- Air Commodore D Choudhury takes over as AFS Sgr Head
- Dr Veeri thanks CM, Taj
- Prison warden aspirants seek issuance of list
- UNABATED STONE EXTRACTION THREATENS KUPWARA ECOLOGY
- CM reviews health and medical education services
- Speaker kick-starts Hajin-Ajas road upgradation
- Altaf lays foundation of tourist hut
- Hurriyat (G) thanks people for observing shutdown
- HC asks Centre, State Govts to induct JK officers into IAS
- CS inspects Juvenile Home at Harwan
- RPO clarifies
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Sep 7: A three-member team of the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC), currently on a visit to the State, called on Governor N N Vohra, at Raj Bhavan, here on Wednesday, an official spokesman More
- Srinagar City
Unlike winter capital, mechanical engineers do electrical work in Srinagar
Srinagar, Sept 7: Kaar-e-Najar Badast-e-Gilkaar (Mason doing carpenter’s job). Government seems to be literally realizing this vernacular maxim in the City by making the Srinagar Municipal Corporation More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Sep 7: A high alert was sounded across Jammu, especially in winter capital of the state, in the wake of the blast outside the Delhi High Court today. Official sources said that the security More