Ajaz reviews Hajj arrangements
Srinagar, Sep 8: Minister for Hajj Auqaf and Fisheries, Ajaz Ahmad Khan today impressed upon the concerned agencies to ensure a hassle free Hajj arrangements this year.
Chairing a meeting to oversee the arrangements here this morning, the Minister asked the Executive Officer, J&K Hajj Committee to provide details of Hajj pilgrims selected under waitlist or additional quota category to the Regional Passport Officer (RPO) in the proforma devised already by them.
The meeting decided that the RPO will provide passports for Hajj purpose only to those selected pilgrims within two days so that the pilgrims do not face any inconvenience.
The meeting decided that 26 Khadim ul Hujjaj will be deputed this year besides deputing members of Hajj Committee Jehangir Mir, MLC and Saqib N. Qadri as observers alongwith pilgrims who will be monitoring the working of Khudam ul Hujjaj and report back to State Hajj Committee and Department of Hajj & Auqaf.
The meeting also decided to provide mobile telephone facility to Khuddam ul Hujjaj for remaining in touch with the observers, State Hajj Committee and State Government back home.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 8 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 8 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 9 Sep 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Guv, CM for introducing courses with high employability potential
- CS chairs forest advisory committee meeting
- In 9 months, Crime Branch registers 900 complaints
- Delay in Gamoora-Gundbal bridge construction irks Bandipora residents
- Mirwaiz shocked at killings in Delhi, Quetta blasts
- JKLR (R) leaders condemn
- Govt to amend Land Acquisition, J&K Resident Certificate Acts
- Omar inaugurates SVO complex
- Seminar on Sheikh-ul-Alam (RA) held at Kashmir University
- Altaf throws open Dachigam Park
- Attention Kupwara, Ganderbal Hajj pilgrims
- JCB driver killed, 4 hurt in road accidents
- Ajaz reviews Hajj arrangements
- Govt press employees denounce police action
- ‘Turmoil affected education sector in JK’
- Education imperative for State’s development: Peerzada
KU COUNCIL MEETS
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Sep 8: Governor N N Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah have stressed the need for critically examining the employability aspects while considering the upgradation of any existing course or More
- Srinagar City
SMC utilizes Rs 1 crore meant for City development on construction of canine pounds
Srinagar, Sep 8: Public money seems literally be going to the dogs. At a time when Srinagar is crying of underdevelopment, the government has started spending public money meant for City welfare on “rehabilitation More