Altaf throws open Dachigam Park
Srinagar, Sep 8: The Minister for Forest and Environment, Mian Altaf Ahmed today declared Dachigam National Park open for nature lovers and adventure skits interested in mountain cycling.
Visitors can now enjoy the scenic beauty of national park and wildlife during the course of their visit.
The Minister while inaugurating the activity said that this would be a different experience for the tourists particularly nature lovers interested in adventure and first of its kind in the state. It is a matrix of health and expedition and also a step towards promoting nature and eco-tourism in the state he added.
Altaf said this activity was eco-friendly and suited to the environs of the park besides visitors would also get acquainted with the rich biodiversity of the park.
Main Altaf said a guided track/pathway for cyclists would take the nature lovers through various places inside the park and will cover a total length of six kilometers in two hours.
A counter has been opened by the Department of Wildlife Protection at Tourist Reception Centre Srinagar, for advance booking and the cost of the ticket has been fixed to Rs 300/per cyclist excluding the entrance fee. The time shall be between 6.30 am to 8.30 am except Sundays.
It is expected that the nature adventure of its kind shall largely attract the attention of nature lovers not only from the country but from other countries as well.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 8 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 8 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 9 Sep 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Guv, CM for introducing courses with high employability potential
- CS chairs forest advisory committee meeting
- In 9 months, Crime Branch registers 900 complaints
- Delay in Gamoora-Gundbal bridge construction irks Bandipora residents
- Mirwaiz shocked at killings in Delhi, Quetta blasts
- JKLR (R) leaders condemn
- Govt to amend Land Acquisition, J&K Resident Certificate Acts
- Omar inaugurates SVO complex
- Seminar on Sheikh-ul-Alam (RA) held at Kashmir University
- Altaf throws open Dachigam Park
- Attention Kupwara, Ganderbal Hajj pilgrims
- JCB driver killed, 4 hurt in road accidents
- Ajaz reviews Hajj arrangements
- Govt press employees denounce police action
- ‘Turmoil affected education sector in JK’
- Education imperative for State’s development: Peerzada
KU COUNCIL MEETS
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Sep 8: Governor N N Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah have stressed the need for critically examining the employability aspects while considering the upgradation of any existing course or More
- Srinagar City
SMC utilizes Rs 1 crore meant for City development on construction of canine pounds
Srinagar, Sep 8: Public money seems literally be going to the dogs. At a time when Srinagar is crying of underdevelopment, the government has started spending public money meant for City welfare on “rehabilitation More