Education imperative for State’s development: Peerzada
Srinagar, Sep 8: Minister for Education Peerzada Muhammad Syed on Thursday laid foundation stone of school building costing Rs. 68 lakh for Government High School, Damjan.
He also inaugurated Kasturiba Gandhi Balika Vidhyala (KGBV), Nagres, Y.K Pora which was constructed at an estimated cost of Rs. 28 lakh.
Addressing public meetings at various places including Damjan, Nagres and Bonigam, the Minister said that 20 new KGBV have been sanctioned in the State this year adding the total number of 94 KGBVs are presently functioning in the State.
He said centre is providing liberal funding under education sector so that education reaches every nook and corner of the State. He said the Government is focusing on educationally backward classes for which RMSA has been already launched in the State to achieve hundred percent literacy.
The Minister said that education and health sectors are important tools to improve the living standard of the people for which various flagship programmes have been launched in the State.
Earlier, the Minister inspected Government High Secondary School, Yessu and Government Girls Middle School, Bonigam.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 8 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 8 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 9 Sep 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Guv, CM for introducing courses with high employability potential
- CS chairs forest advisory committee meeting
- In 9 months, Crime Branch registers 900 complaints
- Delay in Gamoora-Gundbal bridge construction irks Bandipora residents
- Mirwaiz shocked at killings in Delhi, Quetta blasts
- JKLR (R) leaders condemn
- Govt to amend Land Acquisition, J&K Resident Certificate Acts
- Omar inaugurates SVO complex
- Seminar on Sheikh-ul-Alam (RA) held at Kashmir University
- Altaf throws open Dachigam Park
- Attention Kupwara, Ganderbal Hajj pilgrims
- JCB driver killed, 4 hurt in road accidents
- Ajaz reviews Hajj arrangements
- Govt press employees denounce police action
- ‘Turmoil affected education sector in JK’
- Education imperative for State’s development: Peerzada
KU COUNCIL MEETS
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Sep 8: Governor N N Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah have stressed the need for critically examining the employability aspects while considering the upgradation of any existing course or More
- Srinagar City
SMC utilizes Rs 1 crore meant for City development on construction of canine pounds
Srinagar, Sep 8: Public money seems literally be going to the dogs. At a time when Srinagar is crying of underdevelopment, the government has started spending public money meant for City welfare on “rehabilitation More